• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 Volume 6 - Collaboration with 208 Productions

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEJOGeYSpBI

509 VOLUME 6: We Are Snowmobilers:
509 Films presents their sixth installment of their award winning backcountry snowmobile film series. Co-produced by Tom Delanoy and Phil Yribar, vol. 6 is a film two years in the making. Tagged "We Are Snowmobilers", the film takes you on an epic ride, showcasing the world's best snowmobile athletes and how THEY are snowmobilers. Featuring top riders such as Chris Burandt, Dan Adams, Brett Turcotte, Keith Curtis, Ross Martin, and many more. Volume 6 is a well rounded snowmobile film covering all aspects of riding from deep powder, big air, insane hillclimbs, to snocross race action. Sit back, strap in, and enjoy an exhilarating ride.

BRIAN BONNETT
CHRIS BURANDT
DAN ADAMS
BRETT TURCOTTE
KEITH CURTIS
ROSS MARTIN
JOE PARSONS
LARRY DAVIS
KEVIN MILLER
TYLER LAMBERT
PHIL YRIBAR
MITCH CARMICHAEL
KYLE KONKRIGHT
JEREMY KINZER
BRAD BONNETT
ALPINE ASSASSINS
DUNCAN LEE
KEN EVANS
SHANE KELLY
JAYSON ANDERSON
JIMMY MINOR
EMILIE MORESHEAD
JAKE BARKER
JASON WHITAKER
JOHN HESTON

MSRP: $24.95
AVAILABLE: August 27th, 2011
Purchase at www.sledsolutions.com

Last edited:
W
Jun 12, 2010
Looks good, but the riding in Slednecks 14 looks to be better.

That is some pretty bold language "best snowmobile athletes" when there pretty big names missing from the list. Tucker, KJ, Treadway, Kyle, Borchers, Davis, etc....

K

kbl6z

Mar 8, 2009
auburn,wa
Looks good, but the riding in Slednecks 14 looks to be better.

That is some pretty bold language "best snowmobile athletes" when there pretty big names missing from the list. Tucker, KJ, Treadway, Kyle, Borchers, Davis, etc....

He's just putting these up here for our viewing pleasure. Give him a lil break.

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
Looks like a good show, but any list of "best snowmobile athletes" that exclude the vast majority of Slednecks riders....especially KJ, I would have to agree its pretty mis-appropriately labeled.

KJ is riding at a caliber and confidence that is unparalleled in the snowmobile community. I have yet see anyone else step up to his level commitment in gnarly-***, high consequence terrain like he does.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Looks like a good show, but any list of "best snowmobile athletes" that exclude the vast majority of Slednecks riders....especially KJ, I would have to agree its pretty mis-appropriately labeled.

KJ is riding at a caliber and confidence that is unparalleled in the snowmobile community. I have yet see anyone else step up to his level commitment in gnarly-***, high consequence terrain like he does.

Its called marketing....film companies do it all the time

"best winter ever"

"best riding caught on film"

blah. blah blah

not like it was the end all of lists of the best riders on the planet....

Kinda sad to see Jorli calling out another company when I am sure he plays the same game marketing his films.

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
Its called marketing....film companies do it all the time

"best winter ever"

"best riding caught on film"

blah. blah blah

not like it was the end all of lists of the best riders on the planet....

Kinda sad to see Jorli calling out another company when I am sure he plays the same game marketing his films.

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea thats how marketing the game works!
Thats probably why Fourcast sucked so bad,.....no it was just a ****ty movie.

I've never made any claims of the "best" of anything. Claiming "world's best snowmobile athletes" is funny, as if that scene is the only scene? marketing or not-its a pretty extraordinary statement. You don't see the Brain Farm boys that produced the Art of Flight making statements like this because they know better than to belittle every other scene around.

And in contrast I did compliment the trailer.

W
Jun 12, 2010
. Claiming "world's best snowmobile athletes" is funny, as if that scene is the only scene? marketing or not-its a pretty extraordinary statement. You don't see the Brain Farm boys that produced the Art of Flight making statements like this because they know better than to belittle every other scene around.

Well put. Respectable producers don't use language like that for exactly that reason, its demeaning to other riders and bad etiquette.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I've never made any claims of the "best" of anything.

Here is the text from your trailer...lest you forget ;)

"Snowmobile movie trailer featuring hillclimbing, snocross racing, freeriding and big mountain riding. The best snowmobile action with in-depth analysis takes you behind-the-scenes into the perspectives of top snowmobilers."

If any aspiring film makers want some advice......do something else with your life, this is one dirty business.

Sage advice....just never expected you to be kicking the dirt

W
Jun 12, 2010

"Snowmobile movie trailer featuring hillclimbing, snocross racing, freeriding and big mountain riding. The best snowmobile action with in-depth analysis takes you behind-the-scenes into the perspectives of top snowmobilers."

Kinda hypocritical of jorli, but its not the same context of use. Talk about kicking the dirt, did you waste your day looking through old posts to prove you're that much a douche?

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com

Both you and winterfest are right, I am a hypocrite, I did use the word "best", just not in the context that belittles others.

I'm a relatively young guy that has put a lot of my own money into showcasing this sport for guys like you to enjoy, I've done it without industry support, I've spoken honestly about my experience and represented myself in plain site. You can take it or leave it, but at least I'm not hiding behind a avatar throwing personal attacks at others. :face-icon-small-win

You seem to enjoy flinging poo at me, and by all means don't stop. But at least use your real name so I know who is spin doctoring ****.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
please.....

Winterfest is most likely your alias....as a premium member you can view all threads the other users look at. Winterfest off for months then straight to this thread to back you up....lol

You make a criticism...I criticize your criticism...you defend your position, obviously upset, with profanity and a false claim...then I point that out...now I am the one making personal attacks?

As for hiding behind an Avatar?
I go by my Nickname in real life...the name some people probably only know me as.

Google it ;)

When you find my address(its there) send me a copy of this movie FourCast....and I will let you know what I think

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
please.....

Winterfest is most likely your alias....as a premium member you can view all threads the other users look at. Winterfest off for months then straight to this thread to back you up....lol

You make a criticism...I criticize your criticism...you defend your position, obviously upset, with profanity and a false claim...then I point that out...now I am the one making personal attacks?

As for hiding behind an Avatar?
I go by my Nickname in real life...the name some people probably only know me as.

Google it ;)

When you find my address(its there) send me a copy of this movie FourCast....and I will let you know what I think

Winterfest is not my alias, He worked on Fourcast and does post work with me on productions periodically, including the one I've been doing for sister for last several days. If you care to dig through old posts... again, you can find where I've thanked him for saving my production. I can tell you that neither of us care too much about wasting our time here, In fact we've both gotten a pretty good laugh out of this.

As for my criticism....Use of I consider derogatory language in the description, KJ rips, and the film looks good!?! Remember to focus on what I've criticized, I certainly haven't kick any dirt on their production, a marketing tactic yes, the production no.

After shooting Slednecks for past 2 years, I've seen some pretty sick riding, especially this last year. I do find chest beating statements like "world's best snowmobile athletes" to be false and somewhat derogatory if they don't the guys that I've worked with. And after traveling around NA, filming this sport, I couldn't be more proud of the scene that we have in Whistler-

Nough said, I'm out.

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
Slednecks has used the same language in their movie description, and yes, the same applies to them.

Tudizzle, I took your advice and googled you. You spend a lot of time on chat forums. Snowmobiling is pretty fun, maybe you should do more of it.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
When you quit work at 30 after making wise financial decisions and properly promoting your business ventures you end up with some free time ;)

what happened to the "Nuff Said"???

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
Well glad to see everyone is diggin the new flick haha

Tudizzle Fourcast is pretty freaking sweet though....now back to where you were :pop2:

Premium Features