• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

276 lb build

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
Scott-Bilt Racing 2019 KTM 350 SX-F Grey Squirrel

Specifications:

-2018 Yeti 129SS snow mx kit (FWIW the guy who sold me this kit sight unseen from Washington hosed me huge. Have no use for people who can't own up/man up to their ignorance.)
-Avid drivers installed by Rocky Mountain Snow MX (thanks Mr. Toby!)
-AER 48 forks snowbike specific upgrade
-Rekluse Radius CX auto clutch
-EarthX ETZ5G Lithium Iron Phosphate battery
-Seat Concepts Comfort Snow Seat
-AME heated grips
-Fastwasy F.I.T. handguard V2 kit w/shields
-Fastway billet risers
-Fastway Adventure footpegs
-Scott-Bilt Racing airbox delete
-PST intake
-PST Engine Jacket w/cold weather flap
-Nardo grey plastics

276 lbs on the scale with fuel tank full. Stock motor (for now). First day out was pretty sick. A few minor tweaks (already done) and it should be a gamechanger... just kidding. Had to throw in the most over-used word in the snow industry but it is a screamer. Huge shout out to all the companies that help with the cause! ?

grey squirrel.JPG GS full hang 120819.jpg GS weight 120819.jpg

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The 129 SS carries serious track speed. I have one along with a 2020 129 freeride,I will ride the SS most often"

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Sharp looking setup. (I'm partial to the grey and for my 2020 Yamaha YZ450F build, chose the grey over the blue).

Weight looks great. Thanks for sharing.

L
Nov 18, 2014
CDA, ID
That thing is sexy- nice work on putting it together!

My wife has been on a 350 with a long track now for a few years. They are fast revving and have a great linear powerband. It has no problem going anywhere I’ve been on my 450. I actually preferred riding it over my YZ450, it was much smoother.

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
thanks for the compliments. have a 2018.5 FC450 Rockstar Edition to compare it to. the 350 was geared too tall on the first ride but i'm guessing with the right gearing and the ability to rev higher, 1st and 2nd gear performance on both bikes should be reasonably close. 3rd gear and beyond i'm sure the 450 will have the upper hand. i'll keep everyone updated after the next ride for a comparison.

jeff

Looks good! I'd suggest plating with the strut length a little bit. Just looking at the pics yours looks to be a little long. My dealer had to machine the fitting down a little bit to get the ideal length for my ktm, much better performance once it was done right.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Teal,
No machining needed with a yeti as the struts are adjustable.

Scottbuilt,
At what measurement is yours currently set?

To all for background...
The Yeti manual gives stance suggestions spanning from rails parrellel to the ground (best deep snow and trail stability) all the way up to .750" higher rails in the back (quickest turning but not stable on trail and not quite as good in very deep). Hard to tell from a picture where it is set. The manual shows front and rear positions on the rail for measurements. Important to do all fork height adjustments, fork spring and air adjustments, rear skid suspension adjustments (springs and preload, etc) before doing this final strut length adjustment.

I went right in the middle to start (.400" higher in the back). Only one ride so far. Waiting for more snow. Will be fun to adjust and feel difference. Not a fast change, unfortunately. Would be great to have a speedy way to adjust strut length in the field.

Last edited:
Teal,
No machining needed with a yeti as the struts are adjustable.

Scottbuilt,
At what measurement is yours currently set?

To all for background...
The Yeti manual gives stance suggestions spanning from rails parrellel to the ground (best deep snow and trail stability) all the way up to .750" higher rails in the back (quickest turning but not stable on trail and not quite as good in very deep). Hard to tell from a picture where it is set. The manual shows front and rear positions on the rail for measurements. Important to do all fork height adjustments, fork spring and air adjustments, rear skid suspension adjustments (springs and preload, etc) before doing this final strut length adjustment.

I went right in the middle to start (.400" higher in the back). Only one ride so far. Waiting for more snow. Will be fun to adjust and feel difference. Not a fast change, unfortunately. Would be great to have a speedy way to adjust strut length in the field.

Mine wanted to be shorter than the range of adjustment allowed - that's all I meant.

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
Looks good! I'd suggest plating with the strut length a little bit. Just looking at the pics yours looks to be a little long. My dealer had to machine the fitting down a little bit to get the ideal length for my ktm, much better performance once it was done right.

Soft strut is about as short as possible to keep the skid flat front to back. Mr. Toby (shout out to Rocky Mountain Snow MX) did the initial setup on the skid then I worked with the front end to match. Handles outstanding if you're willing to ride it like a motocrosser. Sit back and you can hop the front end; move forward and you can drag the bars turning. Honestly never thought you could get an SS width to work this well. The only negative is with the narrow track, it's much harder (at least for me) to stick the landing when I come to a stop...:rolleyes:

B
Nov 29, 2018
Scottbilt, I'm curious about the front yeti arms mounted in the top hole instead of the standard middle hole. I see toby might have set this up for you. My guess is it lowers the center of gravity of the machine since you're running the strut at the short end of the range.

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
Scottbilt, I'm curious about the front yeti arms mounted in the top hole instead of the standard middle hole. I see toby might have set this up for you. My guess is it lowers the center of gravity of the machine since you're running the strut at the short end of the range.

yes sir; a RMSMX special. if you drop the front arm to the middle hole, i would assume the strut length would increase and you would have to drop the forks in the triple clamps to even things out. a little different geometry but not sure about a real world difference? one benefit using the upper arm hole has is the seat height is minimized once you raise the forks to balance it out. ?

B
Nov 29, 2018
Nice, mine is set up stock and it rides so good. Now I have an excuse to hang out in the garage and fine tune my rig like I know what I'm doing. Maybe a lower center of gravity will make me ride like the legend I am in my own mind. Thanks!

Premium Features