• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Ski-Doo Rumors and Predictions

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I honestly don't think one is noticeably better than the other.
I've never been able to feel the difference of one.

What I do like is that you get rid of fluid, a cover, typically a tensioner, and a bunch of hardware. I like the simplicity of 2 sprockets, 2 bolts, and a belt. Sure makes pulling a track much easier if you ever have to. As long as you have correct tension and don't get hardware or ice under the belt they seem to be very reliable. Polaris has too small of a gap between the belt and belly pan on the Matryx.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looks to me like Only the US gets the radio based buddy tracking on the G8 Cat Garmin gauge.

Likley do to radio frequency laws in Canada... Canada stuck with phone app for buddy tracking?
So
to the best of my "limited" knowledge, that was THE REASON it was pulled last year.

BRP didn't want to release a Geographic specific version that was good for the USA ONLY.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
So
to the best of my "limited" knowledge, that was THE REASON it was pulled last year.

BRP didn't want to release a Geographic specific version that was good for the USA ONLY.
Interesting. Could explain why it was only seen on the usa site and not brp Canada for up here...

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
So

Its weird, Garmin use to use GMRS frequencies on the Rino

They changed to MURS frequencies for the Tread. ( why I don't know, technically you are supposed to pay for a GMRS license in the US but no one does. MURS doesn't need a license. )

GMRS frequencies I think is what Polaris/Trail Tech use.

"MURS is not approved in Canada."

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Acrtic cats website. I suspect you have to remove it outside of the US because the radio frequencies aren't allowed to be used in Canada/Europe.

"View attachment 416094

View attachment 416095

Won’t have to remove it to use it in Canada, higher watt US Rino radios are imported to Canada and sold but garmin will send a Canadian unit back if the US unit is sent in for a repair. I know someone that had that happen to them.

As far as the group ride for the doo gauge, Unless a miracle happens I doubt it will ever move past a cell phone for buddy tracking, not enough mountain guys wanting it.
Better chance at seeing embedded maps which I hope happens this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Won’t have to remove it to use it in Canada, higher watt US Rino radios are imported to Canada and sold but garmin will send a Canadian unit back if the US unit is sent in for a repair. I know someone that had that happen to them.

As far as the group ride for the doo gauge, Unless a miracle happens I doubt it will ever move past a cell phone for buddy tracking, not enough mountain guys wanting it.
Better chance at seeing embedded maps which I hope happens this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I meant was it looks like you can't buy the G8 with radio buddy tracking in Canada. At least on artic cats website.

Maybe you could cross the border and buy one in the states :ROFLMAO:

Premium Features