• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Freeride and being 6'5" tall?

S
Jan 6, 2008
SLC, Utah
Are you able to setup this sled for some one that is 6'5" tall? I really want to get a new sled as I've only ever ridden and owned sleds 2005 and older. I'm always riding with one knee on the seat as I can't stand up straight without being hunched over the handlebars and not in full control. I'd love to be able to stand up in the neutral position and feel like I have control over the sled. Any input on this?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
plenty of aftermarket risers on the market for taller riders.

D
Mar 13, 2014
I have a 22 Freeride and I'm 6'3. The sled came with a mid riser, I ended up switching to the short riser. It took a little to get use to it but it is so much better for technical riding. Only time it is a little annoying in down hill on the trail.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I'm 6'-6" and started with the stock 8" riser on my '17. Each year I went down an inch and this year I rented a '22 with the 4.7" riser and it's my favorite for handling in every category except flat meadow riding. My dad has the same sled but with a 6" riser and it felt much to tall and disconnected when we switched sleds.

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
One other item you may look at. The Seat Concepts taller seat. I purchased one for my 2018 Freeride 165 and it helped me. I am also 6'5" tall and use the Ski-Doo Adjustable Riser with good results.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Try rolling the handlebar forward to the +1 position and adjust the controls to your liking, this gets you forward on the sled and is very easy to do.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Im 6'6" and every G4 I own has the Skinz Forward post mount installed...its a huge difference for standing up straight !!
I put the post forward kit in also this year. I agree it changes things enough that it took the uncomfortable feeling away, and gave a little more height that I wanted.

R
Nov 16, 2016
skid_68 said:
Are you able to setup this sled for some one that is 6'5" tall?
I really want to get a new sled as I've only ever ridden and owned sleds 2005 and older.

I'm always riding with one knee on the seat as I can't stand up straight without being hunched over the handlebars and not in full control. I'd love to be able to stand up in the neutral position and feel like I have control over the sled. Any input on this?

In my opinion, when/if you go to a later G-4 machine, you'll see your riding skills improve simply from that alone!
You will find yourself being able to do things that you could not do on a 2005 and older sled.

I'm not sure about the FreeRide, but my 2020 Summit X was equipped with a lower bar riser.
It's OK, but even at only 5' 10", I may extend it.

You being 6' 5", and if you were to go with the Summit X , I'd install a tall riser unit.

S
Jan 6, 2008
SLC, Utah
You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for all the feedback.

Quick follow up. Do the stock cable lengths support risers of 4-6"?

Any thoughts on the adjustable riser that skidoo offers?

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for all the feedback.

Quick follow up. Do the stock cable lengths support risers of 4-6"?

Any thoughts on the adjustable riser that skidoo offers?
I'm 6'6"
I had the adjustable riser on my 2014 Summit, No matter how tight I made it it kept slipping. - I don't recommend it -

I have a 2022 Lynx Boondocker now and just run the stock bar height, and its fine.. The new stuff isn't all hunched over like those old ones.

Yea the stock cables should be fine I think.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I don't think you'd need to go taller at all. I'm 6' 3" and on my Doo I ran bars that were 2" lower than stock, and same with the Axys I have now. On both sleds I started with taller bars and ended up dropping them after a few rides. My fiancee's sled is an Expert that came with the shorter riser and it's comfortable for me as well.

R
Nov 16, 2016
Skid_68 said:
I really need to go stand on one of these newer sleds. As you said I'm sure they are taller than the older ones I'm used to riding.

What you really need to do, is to go ride one!
Then go to your local dealer and write out a check. :)

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I use the adjustable tall riser and like it. Had it on two different sleds for five years. Zero issues.

Premium Features