• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Alpha Hardcore ES Seat

J
Dec 26, 2010
So I’m ready to pull the trigger on a new alpha hardcore 165. Found one a few hours away. But it’s an estart model. So looking for feedback. I would get a lightweight shorai battery and swap out can so not super concerned about weight, but how is the seat? Is it good or does it suck?
also how are these on trails. We usually ride 15-20mi to get to our spots. Do they heat up more than others? Coming off a 18rmk 800

Thanks for the help..

J
Mar 8, 2019
I don’t have any ride time on mine so take it for what it worth. The seat is a couple inches taller than a non es model I like it I’m 6’ and I don’t think it’ll cause me any problems riding time will tell though. Pushing a button To start it sure is nice.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I personnally love the E-start seat. All these Burandt wanna-bees are probably gonna tell you other wise, but they are taller, softer, longer, and way more comfortable than the non-estart. its the first thing people notice about my machine when i switch with my buddies. There are a couple "long tank" seat options out there if it isnt to your liking. One downfall is there is no built in storage, but with a tunnel bag and a windshield bag it shouldnt be a huge deal.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
So I’m ready to pull the trigger on a new alpha hardcore 165. Found one a few hours away. But it’s an estart model. So looking for feedback. I would get a lightweight shorai battery and swap out can so not super concerned about weight, but how is the seat? Is it good or does it suck?
also how are these on trails. We usually ride 15-20mi to get to our spots. Do they heat up more than others? Coming off a 18rmk 800

Thanks for the help..

I may have a short seat off 2019 Alpha (Rode 1 Time on it)
Your going to need the shorter tank also....and I have that also same sled same rides.

I converted over to a E start and had to buy a longer tank and seat.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I personnally love the E-start seat. All these Burandt wanna-bees are probably gonna tell you other wise, but they are taller, softer, longer, and way more comfortable than the non-estart. its the first thing people notice about my machine when i switch with my buddies. There are a couple "long tank" seat options out there if it isnt to your liking. One downfall is there is no built in storage, but with a tunnel bag and a windshield bag it shouldnt be a huge deal.
Have had many proclimbs and alphas and I like the ES seat way better. you do loose a bit of storage but not much. ^^^^ this is about it for me.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I too LOVE the E-start seat. I call it "the couch". I have the short seat on my Proclimb and it's just fine but, the one on my 2020 electric start Alpha One is vastly superior. It's great to have a seat that is long enough and super comfortable. Yes, it's a bit higher and a tiny bit more difficult to jump over but, I think the improved comfort FAR outweighs any small loss in Burandtability.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I am not a fan. a little too buradnt wanna be i guess. I thought i could feel the weight of it even with a lightweight battery, hopping back and forth from mine to an estart. how much do they weigh? the short seat is next to nothing. I would change it probably for the new ascender-pro or whatever it is in the accessory catalog and move the battery (shorten the wires too?) up by the aftermarket can. Id even change the tank if that was required. something cat should have done years ago imo. Im not testing other peoples sleds out on the trail tho, otherwise id probably love it. e start is nice but not at 30 pounds.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
My dad has gotten ES on his 2017 and 2018 sleds. They are nice to sit on, but I'm not a fan any time I'm standing riding them. The 2010-2011 M-series seats were best of everything. I wish they would replicate that design again.

Premium Features