• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 rmk pro 800 handles like a brick

S
Apr 11, 2021
Saskatchewan
All springs are at factory settings... it turns terrible and is almost impossible to sidehill. I weight 190 lbs. Any suggestions? How do you adjust front ifs spring pre loads with piggy backs in the way?

Thanks
Scott

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Well you don't say track length but I will assume it's not a 174. Crank up the center shock spring a couple turns and soften the dampening on the front ifs shocks by a couple clicks each, This will make the sled lively and easy to pull up. Spray the shock threads with a clear lubricant such as Tri-flo and they will be easy to turn by hand but take the weight off them first by rolling the sled on its side.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
All springs are at factory settings... it turns terrible and is almost impossible to sidehill. I weight 190 lbs. Any suggestions? How do you adjust front ifs spring pre loads with piggy backs in the way?

Thanks
Scott
Loosen ur ski shocks and rear track shock all the way, untill the spring rattles, then tighten 1 turn.

Tighten up the front track shock. (No idea about ur shock but make 1 full turn adjustments at a time between testing).

Make sure ur skis are centered for 36in or both shims r on the outside of the spindles for 35in stance.

Now go for a spin. If any of the shocks bottom out with ur regular riding, tighten them up 1 turn at a time and test it again in the same spot it bottomed out.

That sled should sidehill great, standing in the neutral position on anything 30° or less.

With practice u can sidehill 40° in the neutral position easily.

Sent it

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Loosen ur ski shocks and rear track shock all the way, untill the spring rattles, then tighten 1 turn.

Tighten up the front track shock. (No idea about ur shock but make 1 full turn adjustments at a time between testing).

Make sure ur skis are centered for 36in or both shims r on the outside of the spindles for 35in stance.

Now go for a spin. If any of the shocks bottom out with ur regular riding, tighten them up 1 turn at a time and test it again in the same spot it bottomed out.

That sled should sidehill great, standing in the neutral position on anything 30° or less.

Sent it

I like this approach. I will give this a try as well. I currently have upgraded rear shocks and stock shocks with upgraded springs. Wonder if that hurts me to some extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I like this approach. I will give this a try as well. I currently have upgraded rear shocks and stock shocks with upgraded springs. Wonder if that hurts me to some extent.

If the initial compression is much higher than factory, it will absolutely ruin the ride.

Sent it

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA

Sent it

If it bottoms out - do you just tightened the rear track shock - or both?

I’m wanting to start from scratch on my sled - this sounds like a good starting point.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
If it bottoms out - do you just tightened the rear track shock - or both?

I’m wanting to start from scratch on my sled - this sounds like a good starting point.

That depends on why it bottomed out.
Most of the time it is the rear shock, pounding moguls can bottom out the front shock.

Sent it

Premium Features