• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 shot not working

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I have TWO 2018 skikoo 850's identical. Shot failed a month out of warranty on one. SWAP the shot off the chain case on the working sled to see if the module has failed? Any easier way to trouble shoot? If works buy a used module?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Doo had some issues with some ultra-capacitors.
I also thought there was an issue with some sleds with software the was fixed with a re-flash on some sleds.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, there was an update on the 18's equipped with shot. Some techs (including mine) seemed to fumble the update and made the problem worse. Probably worth spending an hour of shop time at a competent shop to check on available updates

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Yeah, there was an update on the 18's equipped with shot. Some techs (including mine) seemed to fumble the update and made the problem worse. Probably worth spending an hour of shop time at a competent shop to check on available updates
Dealers are a day away.

Swap SHOT module and DOES NOT work software issue. Swap does work capacitor issue. If it is the capacitor where is it? The big blue one? Or is it inside the shot module on the chain case?

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Hope you didn't get bit off a 2019 ,they where having a huge fail rate.Mine lasted two starts ,warranty repair and operated fine afterwards

Premium Features