• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Ski-Doo Sleds: Photos & Details

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
They rolled the chain case 1.1 in and dropped the suspension out of the tunnel.

I thought the drivers were the same?

The spindle change and the deeper keel on the ski makes the front match the back.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Are they offering demo rides or sleds?

How much room above the stock drivers... Will a eight tooth fit in, I see a hp loss there and a ugly attack angle

Are the tunnels a one piece tunnel on the 174 or another retrofit from 154 to 174?

Anyone have exsperince with the skid, will it hold the skis in place in the steep and harder snow?

So many questions

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
Aside from a wrap. I think Black Side panels would really help the looks. How much do those run?

Its still going to be a pain to keep the tunnel clean, but it would be a start. Maybe tunnel side wrap and side panels and I think it would be a decent sled. Dislike the black stains from exhaust on side panels and tunnel. Always looks terrible.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Nice job Doo, don't even mind the colors. Why no T3 154"? Seems like it excludes a big part of the market.

D
Oct 31, 2013
NH
The new ski doo XRS

$_35.JPG

B
Oct 23, 2012
Abbotsford, BC
ya, not liking the yellow and would have liked a 154" T3.

That said, good job ski-doo, bold move! BRP could have sat back for another year and watched the mountain share grow without any changes like it has the last 2 years.

Cant believe Polaris didn't up the game at all? Gonna be another tough year for Poo dealers here on the west i suspect. hopefully poo doesn't stock making mountain sleds or we would have to start slagging on Cats or something :face-icon-small-ton

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
'Doo hit this one out of the park. Discussion about color when there are big changes suggests the updates are welcomed by mountain riders. At this point, I think I will put with yellow if that is the only option we have at the end of the snowcheck season.

N
Sep 24, 2009
Whistler
www.nadiasamer.com
I would hazard a guess that 85% of the snowmobiles here in Whistler here are 154" track machines. I know my dealer alone sold over 100+ 154" Summits.

I'm really quite puzzled why they didn't do a 3" track 154". It would have done REALLY well out here in BC. People out here like to jump and hit pillows and pound whoops. With good throttle control and skill most people don't really like to go longer than 154" - and that is "long" by Whistler Standards. 3 years ago 146"/144" was the most common length around here.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Don't get me wrong. T3 is a neat idea but something about dropping the skid out of the tunnel for clearance and fixing it by making the spindles longer with deeper skis makes me wonder if it will work as well as the (so called pros) say it does ? What's the verdict on higher c of g ? Deep skis ? Lets hear it !

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
It looks like the spindles are shorter from the lower ball joint to the ski bolt....just like the SLP spindles that Rasmussen used and were on some of the prototypes. We run them on the shop sled and also a 3" track, works awesome!
I'm told they eliminated the front cooler on the T3 also.
Does anyone know for sure what they did for drivers?? I am assuming 8t with the longer case but haven't seen it in print.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
It looks like the spindles are shorter from the lower ball joint to the ski bolt....just like the SLP spindles that Rasmussen used and were on some of the prototypes. We run them on the shop sled and also a 3" track, works awesome!
I'm told they eliminated the front cooler on the T3 also.
Does anyone know for sure what they did for drivers?? I am assuming 8t with the longer case but haven't seen it in print.

There is a "snowest" video on youtube that explains most of this. 7 tooth and retains some type of front cooler.

Premium Features