• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Pro LE shock setup for big rider (250lbs + 30lbs pack/gear)

Solanakyle

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2014
I'm sure I'm going to get a "this has been discussed before" but I couldn't find it in a timely manor:)

I just picked up a 2015 pro 163 LE and wanted to get some insight as to where to start. I ended up doing a full replacement on my Summit x for a set of Zbroz tuned to my weight/riding. I'd prefer to start with the WE clickers that came with it to see if I can get them to a suitable spot before swapping them out.

I'm 6'5"/250lb's dry and run approx 30lbs of gear/pack/fuel. I spend 70% of my time BDing/off-trail riding in the UP, the remainder out west. Out west is typically trees/meadows.

I would assume the valving/springs were NOT set up with me in mind. What are some efficient ideas for getting it close? I've got 11 days before our first trip out west...

Ride on.
SK

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I have the same sled with the clicker shocks and a bit more weight. Last year I decided to put the HD spring on the rear track shock before I ever rode it. It took 3 or 4 rides to get it adjusted to where I felt it was working properly.

Now the front is a completely different story. I personally like a soft front end, you may even say a bit squishy. With the clickers all the way soft and the spring preload at minimum I think it is still to stiff for my taste.

I think I will call Andy at gasshockrepair.com and see if he has has any of these Walker Evans Clickers from the RMK's come through for revalving and what he suggests.

Solanakyle

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2014
Right on. I'll look into that and perhaps leave it "as is" outside of the clicker adjustments. I can make the changes from there (unless someone has a can't miss approach).
Thanks again for the insight!!

SK

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I'm not too far behind you re: weight. I changed all my springs to the Zbroz dual rate springs, with the spring rates they recommended based on my weight and riding conditions. While it may not give me the same results as the Raptors I had on my '12 PRO, the springs made the WE needle shock package workable. I still think I need to fine tune the rear, but the fronts are just about where I like them. At about $300, it's a cheap, great upgrade to start with. If the springs don't make enough of a difference, you could go for a re-valve as well.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
You could just do heavy triple rate springs from jake at raptor or full set from him there were some in classifieds here for 1100$. Once you ride premium shocks it's hard to ride the stock ones.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Polaris Assault RMK has 130# IFS springs (all other models have 100#) $38 each and come in Four colors in the 2014 LE fische

Pro RMK has a 130# Rear track spring and front is 175?? Assault RMK has a 225# front and a 100# rear also available in those four colors

So for under $200 you could switch out your Ski springs and Front track spring and get closer to comfortable ..

I do the Front Assault RMK springs on all my Sleds and run the adjuster at 7 turns from seated and clicker on 3-5

Another note RMK Assault springs are 11.5" tall were as Pro springs are 10" so way less threads showing and a huge range of adjustment not 5-10 threads

Also calms the front down if you have a 36-37" front end

Last edited:

Solanakyle

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2014
Killer T Racing - How much do you weight?

If I swap out the rear springs, should I do both or would just the rear track shock work?

Solanakyle

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2014
What a your thoughts on running a the Raptor TKS(firm) all the way around and using the WE shocks? If I pull the rear out, does it make sense to do the front track as well? I would assume theres no way to do it w/ the skid/track in right? I've always been a doo guy before now.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I'm light 190# geared up .. I only run the fronts .. Have a 225# front skid spring if you would like to try it $25( plus ride) and your rear is already the big one . ( Pro 130/ ASSAULT 100)

My taste may not be the same as yours , but .

I rode SemiPro Snowcross for 7 years and don't care if it rides good a ten miles per hour through big whoops !! If its to rough usally a good hand full of throttle and you will get up to 25-30 where the suspension can start working !!!

I didn't like the tippy feeling when I went to a 36" front , so I got the heavier springs in front and 100% fixed it !!
I now have Evol Rs and run 100# of air up front ( recommended is 75 ) so I like mine ridged !!

Try moving your bars further forward too, I've seen more than one dealer just move the bars up to a sorta vertical plane ( most leave them at about 25degrees) my dealer included. It might move you up into the Instant center and not behind it !

Just some thoughts and its cheap to make these changes .. Don't turn your clickers up to fix it !!! I did that and now have HyGear valving in my trail sled , it ripped the clicker apart inside because the bypass orface is to small and the oil will find a way!!

Premium Features