• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Summit

K
Nov 15, 2013
Washington State
I have a 2011 Summit 154 Etec and I think it's a great sled. 1000 miles isn't much for that sled. There is an available piston recall for that year/model. They recommend having pistons replaced at 1200 mile mark if you ride in elevations above 4000 ft. It's totally free and any BRP dealer will do it. I had no problems with mine but had it done in the off season last year (why not it's free).

I have a dynoport can on it and it sounds wicked. Never have had any problems with this sled so far other than I had a small ground issue that affected my starter but that was caused by an aftermarket battery charging terminal that I had installed and once I got rid of that.. no more problems.

I would say it depends on the price you're getting the sled for but I also own a 2014 Summit XM and my 2011 XP is a close second.

K
Nov 15, 2013
Washington State
No extended warranty required. It's a piston recall. It's for any 2011 ETEC with 1200 miles or more that hasn't had the recall done yet. Most will do it before 1200 miles. I had mine done right around 1000 miles by the local dealer. Didn't cost me a cent and it's about a 4 hour job.

And BTW at the time I had it done I also had a 2011 Freeride with the ETEC and had it done as well, again no charge. I had zero problems with it prior to getting the recalls done and haven't had any problems with my 2011 since and still riding it today.

PTEK isn't a bad option but honestly I've owned the PTEK version and it doesn't hold a candle to the ETEC motors.

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I have an 11 etec and it has been a great sled. I bought it used last season and the only warranty issue before I bought it was the piston update. Since I bought it had to go in for a new stator. From anything of seen or heard these were the only 2 common issues of these machines.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Had pistons and mono block replaced under recall. The ring pin failed. Instrument panel took a poo on me at 1400 miles after having hand warmer problems doo to bumping branches.. 2000 miles of ditch tree banging and still rippin it up after she has been ridden unfairly. :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features