• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 RMK 800 no power to fuel pump what supplies power to the capacitor?

J
Apr 25, 2019
2011 800 RMK, it's stalled on me a couple times, but started right back up, so no issue. Then it stalled and didn't want to start for a few minutes. Then finally it stalled and even after letting it sit, would only fire real briefly, then die.

Checked spark, it's good. If I put a fuel oil mix in, starts, but dies when the fuel runs out.

So I checked the fuel pump. Unhooked the line, pull the engine over, and nothing comes out. If I plug 12 v into it directly, fuel comes out of the line.

So I after doing some reading, I checked the capacitor. Charged it up for ten seconds, seemed to hold a charge decent, so I plugged it back in, and the fuel pump instantly fired up with what was left for power in it.

So now I'm kind of lost where to check next. my thinking is the capacitor is not getting adequate power, leading to the fuel pump not getting power, but I don't know how to check that.

In my reading, I also used a different relay that I had, as someone suggested that.

So any advice on where to look next would be great, thanks.

S
Feb 21, 2009
Crazy I’m having same problem but sled died On trail and won’t start and no fuel pressure so thinking it’s a fuel pump it’s a 2012

Premium Features