• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro-Ride Rear Bumper

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
The best part of my Rev is gonna be the new Polaris CF bumper. Anyone with a part# for the set-up yet? I know dealers don't have it on their partsfiche but maybe in an acc catalog or???? Looking to make some spacers so it'll fit on the wider tunnel of my Doo.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Interestingly that was the single biggest issue that I personally was critical of on this incredible all around machine. That carbon fiber is ultra slick and you can't hold on to it to lift with any kind of frozen snow conditions and riding gloves. We grabbed more along the sides on the aluminum frame work more then on the actual CF bar to get unstuck. Peeps dig the carbon fiber but I bet you'll see some complaining on this deal and the aftermarket will benefit.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Put some grip tape on the bottom side (the black kind they put on steps and stairs) and nobody will see it....and you'll have good glove traction.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Interestingly that was the single biggest issue that I personally was critical of on this incredible all around machine. That carbon fiber is ultra slick and you can't hold on to it to lift with any kind of frozen snow conditions and riding gloves. We grabbed more along the sides on the aluminum frame work more then on the actual CF bar to get unstuck. Peeps dig the carbon fiber but I bet you'll see some complaining on this deal and the aftermarket will benefit.

I thought they said they couldn't get 'em stuck? That's what Burandt said anyhoo:face-icon-small-coo

T

Tanman

Mar 23, 2009
Ketchikan , AK
The grip thing I could see being a problem on these CF bumpers, but a little traction tape on the back would work. We all have heard how amazing CF is for strength and weight. when I first picked up the rear on this sled, I was amazing at how light it felt. Flickable is the perfect word for this thing. I just believe that everything has opportunity to be changed and with this option only as a SnowCheck I believe which ends today, that this was a nice touch. I am sure someone will make aftermarket rear bars also. - just some of my view - Tanner "Tanman" Thomas

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Maybe Chris Burandt but us mortals sure can. I've proven that! Also note that a few times the stickie' was actually someone else and I just happen to be there to help with the heavy lifting. ONE THING IS ABSOLUTE...THIS NEW SLED IS ALOT EASIER TO LIFT AND GET UNSTUCK THEN LAST YEARS STOCKER!

I think I'll be going quite a bit further then sticky tape for this fix! Stay tuned for Better Bumpers. We hope...........

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
This may be a cool looking bumper:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis BUT , 1. Way to sharp on edges. 2. When your always wheelying on the tail end like me, when that bumper snaps, not only will it break but will rip the tunnel. 3. When stuck."Oh ya it doesn't get stuck", but when it does when your pulling up on the sides of the tunnel at the back, again sharp edges. Costly on gloves,finger and hands.

My fix: Rear bumper from 2006 900 RMK 159-166. Tubing nice and long.

1. This bumper when you wheely on the tail end as often as I do will slowly start to bend up, this to me is a safety margin on the bumper, till you decide it time to change it. Wait to long and it will crack,and maybe it wont rip your tunnel. Changing it every so often when too bent saves my tunnel.

2. Install bumper so when you grab it when your stuck lifting up, tight against bottom tunnel lip it feels like a round edge not a sharp edge in your hand.

3 Should be a great bumper for pulling friends home and hopefully you don't have to be towed by a friend.

Good thing they didn't call these things DRAG-AGAINS cause thats what they us to be for me.:face-icon-small-hap

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Check out the new Billet/tube bumpers from COBE racing... he has a great system that is affordable, light and keeps the standard snow flap from closing off the bumper when pinned...

He can make them to fit any width tunnel. I have one on my 700 and love it ... got stuck plenty of times with it and boy was it nice to have something to grab onto!

The new PRO-RMK bumper requires the snow flap to be used as well to get this feature.

Just got my first batch of parts back from the anodizer. I have a mostly black ones and a couple red ones. Please pm or email me to order.

$89 + $10 S&H

Thanks!

John

RearBumperFlyer-1.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

rearbumperbk1.jpg

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
Thanks MountainHorse for the positive comments. Your feedback is always helpful and a huge advantage for the Polaris forum community.

Concerning the new carbon bumper, is it all carbon tube or just carbon wrapped aluminum like the RSI bars? I still have yet to see this new sled in person.

I am glad not everyone is super stoked on it. My suggestion for the slippery carbon would be to add the StompGrips stuff. I think this will be better than grip tape. Grip tape will probably collect too much snow. I did a knurled version of my bumper and it collected snow which I was advised about but I had to test for myself.

Anyhow, if people really like the carbon I can probably make some carbon wrapped versions just don't know the cost yet...Might be able to add some integrated bumps for finger traction....hmm..

I'll wait and see what Polaris will be selling theirs when the Pro RMK parts show up online.

BTW, I have two anodized red ones left for this season which will be discounted.

Premium Features