• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro Issues

SpeedWobble

Premium Member
Jul 11, 2001
North Central Washington
So, for about a year now, my dealer and I have been chasing problems with my sled. The sled wouldn't rev up past 6500 rpm, it would die when I went down hills, gauges would go on and off while riding, sled would occasionally not start again after being shut off (Till it set for a few minutes), and the sled would cut out in part throttle situations. To date we have replaced the following items:
-Fuel Filter
-Stator
-All Voltage Regulators
-ECU
-Injectors
-Exhaust Valve Solenoid
-Complete Wiring Harness
-Throttle Safety Switch
There may be more, but I can't think of anything. The TPS has been re-calibrated, the exhaust valves have been cleaned, and a couple broken wires have been addressed.
As of today the only problem I have left is not being able to get the sled to rev over 6500 rpm. I have been able to help this problem by plugging the hose between the exhaust valves and the solenoid. By doing this the sled will rev up to 8000 plus on most pulls (not always though), the only problem I have running this way is that once or twice a ride the det sensor kicks in, so there must be a lean condition running with the hose plugged. My dealer has tried everything he can think of and everything that Polaris has told him to try. In the last year The mechanic has over 30 hours invested in my sled and Polaris has coughed up all the replacement parts. He is now out of ideas and I get the sense that Polaris isn't being much help.
Just curious if there is something we are overlooking, so I'm asking for help from my SnoWest friends. I am open to any ideas you may have.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
SpeedWobble

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
Sounds like its time to start talking about a buyback, then if that doesn't work, small claims court.

Agreed. You've covered all the bases and then some. It's a lemon. :face-icon-small-sad

Get them to start talking turkey and buy it back or upgrade you to a 2013 on very favorable terms.

Premium Features