• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 artic cat

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
I am sticking to my guns here and saying the hcr was somewhat of a sneek peek, and if thats the case kudos to cat for testing them first.

snakeye

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Montana
2010 artic cats

Any news on the new cats all I here is more hp and lighter on m 8 but same as 09 for m 1000

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
Built a 1000 in that horney race chassis. Oh Yaaah
Times are tough we will be lucky to get a LOOTER POSTER with every new 09 M series.

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Built a 1000 in that horney race chassis. Oh Yaaah
Times are tough we will be lucky to get a LOOTER POSTER with every new 09 M series.

LMAO - I wonder what the Looter is up to these days.
If somebody got behind that guy it could have been a marketing home run.

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
I think BNG will not cut it this year, I'd be surprised to see a 10 hp bump in the 800 because of emissions. I hope that they do a limited build to shore up dealers with way to much existing inventory that was crammed down their throat in the past few years. It would help people with existing sleds to retain some resale value. I've been hearing 4 stroke mountain sled mid season release next year in a limited build. Don't like it but I've been hearing for the last couple years that after 2011 cat will become mostly 4 stroke. Hope the little mouse is messing with me.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
I know the M chassis works pretty good but man it's getting pretty long in the tooth.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
the patent is from 2007. It's not really "direct" injection though as it seems the "direct" injectors are actually supplying fuel in the transfer ports. interesting idea though, though a bit low budget. I don't see the point really though??? If the injectors could be placed precisely in the combustion chamber it would lend itself to a much better modifaction to the laydown, but again - DI motors don't usually make more horsepower... they make the same but with less fuel (emissions). They do lend themselves very well to turbo charging though (if intentionally built that way) as the specific timing of the injectors can be used to cool the intake charge as well as provide fueling. Newer gas motors such as the Audi 2.0 I-4 Turbo is a good example. Very high CRs for a turbo motor, like 10:1. Thus good throttle response and high economy, but not really much more power... 211hp isn't that great for 2.0 L w/ a turbo. in 2003 subaru's low budget WRX 2.0 was making 227hp bone stock and meet LEV requirements. DI doesn't make more power... it would be nice to have the same power with less fuel, less oil (oil DI please), and less smoke though (ala ETEC 600 from Doo).

G
Nov 30, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
Any news on the new cats all I here is more hp and lighter on m 8 but same as 09 for m 1000

Maybe a few chassis refinements, maybe a hp bump, possiblly a new style seat on all mountain models. Some new graphics. I am still hoping for a bomb in the engine department but not sure if it will happen

Ditch bangers will be happy though........

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
Spoke with an engine tester at Cat, he claims a new 800 motor coming out for 2010 that puts out nearly the same power as the 1000. He has been testing it for months now. They are going to put the 1000 to bed he says! Also look for a turbo 4-stroke in M-chasis. He also said consumer version of Race sled in a 600/800. Oh and BNG's of course

Less filling!.....Tastes great!....Less filing!.............

More power!!! Less weight!! be careful what you wish for, the last time a manufacturer played that card a whole lot of their product arrived back at the truck on the end of a tow strap:face-icon-small-dis. I don't think many people can really complaine 'bout the M-series, sure their not the out-of-the-box highmarker the xp is, but 3 riding seasons 2 belts 1 set of plugs add gas/oil pull rope have fun (havent even changed DD oil yet :eek:).

p.s. dealer in hayden implied that the Burandt edition would be factory based not a dealer option (no warranty!) said they would know more after the big show in ? Vegas I think.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
If they can squeeze 10 more horse out of a the 800, wouldn't surprise me they would drop the 1000. Would be cool to see a turbo four stroke and/or two stroke from factory in the M chassis. It would be cool to stretch an 800 consumer sno pro and mess with it, even better if they made a 141 version from the factory with their crossfire skid. I get the feeling thats where their mountain chassis are headed anyway and it should be nice if they do.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
well i was up in esponola ontario canada talking to the cat dealer, and he said " you think the 1100 turbo is nuts for have 180hp? haha think gain buddy"
he said that he had a friend that worked at cat and that they were working on something that would just make the other big 3 shake and wish that they worked for cat. It would be a crazy torque monster. Same M chassis though but look for it being as light as the XP, now lets think of this a crazy torque monster in a lighter M chassis... i dunno about you but sounds good to mE!:)
also the 4 stroke turbo in the M how amazing is that? the lightest 4 stroke engine in the lightest chassis (if they bring the wight down) buy a D&D boost module and voila! a 280hp turbo M chassised 4stroking big 3 killing monster!! for half the price of turboing a pigex! and an Xtra problems!

Stick to cat the only REAL mountain sled none of this long tracked trail bologna!

Premium Features