• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 M1000 Bogging out under load

M
Jan 20, 2015
I have a 08 M1 with SLP pipe and can and a power commander. I was out riding for about 2 hours, took a 30 sec break (sled still hot) and suddenly it did not want to go anywhere. It starts and idles fine but when I gas it and the belt catches it bogs out. I let it cool and it ran fine for a while and then started doing it again. I have not codes and the exhaust temp sensor is bypassed with a diode.....any ideas? :help:

R
Dec 4, 2009
nampa
Do you have a tether ? It may be completely unrelated but i know when i installed a tether on my 1000 it would start and idle fine, i give it gas and it starts to idle up and then would bog out and die. very similar to your issue. I would rule out kill switch items. Just an idea.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
I have a modded 1000 and it bogged in the deep but ran good on the trail and I found a piston was scored.... check your pistons.... compression test and a visual check through the exhaust valves.

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Check Primary Spring

Mine did that when my Primary Spring Broke. Looked fine till close inspection, was broken in two.

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
IF it is not the clutching, check your stator.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
this is a friend of mine

update: he checked clutches they are good, cleaned up gummy, dirty power valves. sled runs good now.

Premium Features