• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 Dodoge Cummins

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
So your saying 20" wheels on 35s isnt functional huh? Guess i better take my wheels off then since i cant drive my truck anymore. and no my truck is not for show, sure i like it to look nice but its a Cummins made for pulling. It sees just as much time off road as it does on and those 20s seem to work just fine.

D
Jun 17, 2009
Wyoming
So your saying 20" wheels on 35s isnt functional huh? Guess i better take my wheels off then since i cant drive my truck anymore. and no my truck is not for show, sure i like it to look nice but its a Cummins made for pulling. It sees just as much time off road as it does on and those 20s seem to work just fine.

Hey i like your truck even if Supplicate dosent keep it the way it is, trust me

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
You wouldn't happen to be the guys that came down from Canada to race with the Carli boys, would you?

Nope...I'm not that guy, but I am however Carli's largest distributor up here. I'm pretty sure the Carli boys would rather we race with them than the other Canucks:D Sage Carli and I work well together - we're both hard working, passionate about what we do and extremely competitive:D

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada

20's are still functional, but not necessarily optimal...at least for how I use my truck. Wheel and tire size is totally personal preference, but if you are looking for ride quality and rough road performance - smaller wheels and more tire sidewall is the ticket IMO.

Last edited:

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Yeah i understand that for races like the Baja1000 and what not you would never use 20" wheels. But to say there not functional is just retarded. Id bet at least 90% of Truck owners wouldnt be able to tell much difference from 20s with 35s and 17s with 35s. And thank you Deep Daze for the compliment and no i wouldnt ever get rid of those wheels i absolutely love them. Now just wish i would have gotten a silver truck instead of black lol.

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Id bet at least 90% of Truck owners wouldnt be able to tell much difference from 20s with 35s and 17s with 35s. Now just wish i would have gotten a silver truck instead of black lol.

I'd have to disagree with you on this note. I specialize in suspension, tires and wheels on Dodge trucks...I have had numerous customers change their 20's and 35's out for 17's or 18's and 35's and have raved about the difference in ride quality. With the smaller rims you can run lower tire pressure due to the increased height in sidewall. For the most part you will also see longer life out of a larger tire running lower pressures. I get 45,000 miles out of my Toyo M/T's...this consists of many offroad miles as well as a large percentage hauling 10,000-15,000 lb trailers.

D
Jun 17, 2009
Wyoming
I'd have to disagree with you on this note. I specialize in suspension, tires and wheels on Dodge trucks...I have had numerous customers change their 20's and 35's out for 17's or 18's and 35's and have raved about the difference in ride quality. With the smaller rims you can run lower tire pressure due to the increased height in sidewall. For the most part you will also see longer life out of a larger tire running lower pressures. I get 45,000 miles out of my Toyo M/T's...this consists of many offroad miles as well as a large percentage hauling 10,000-15,000 lb trailers.

Hey man how much lift you need to run 18's on 35's

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Hey man how much lift you need to run 18's on 35's

For a 35 x 12.5 on an 18" wheel you will need 2-3" of lift. The spec of the wheel should be no wider than 9" (preferably 8-8.5") with 5-6" of backspace. This combo will give you zero rubbing in any circumstance. More than 6" of backspace (aka: stock wheel) and the tires will rub on the control arms.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
Because 17's are a functional size. Why a person would want rubber band tires on a truck is beyond me, unless its just "for show." I don't know a single person that ran 20's on their truck and actually used them that kept em. Most went back to 17's. Some went a bit smaller, others a bit bigger.

Different strokes for different folks, etc, blah.

plenty of people run 19.5's from Rickson or Alcoa. From what I understand it's more for function than "for show"

If I could do it over again i would have gotten 18's. I've noticed some better tire choices for 18's over 17's

I would have gotten AMR Mohave Teflon but the backspace was tricky with 33's.... I would rub even with a leveling kit.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Nope...I'm not that guy, but I am however Carli's largest distributor up here.
Well, I guess in a half @ssed way I had a good conversation about you with Jesse the other day, lol. We were talking suspension for AK and the topic of "The Canadian" distributor came up.

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Well, I guess in a half @ssed way I had a good conversation about you with Jesse the other day, lol. We were talking suspension for AK and the topic of "The Canadian" distributor came up.

Ha ha...Jesse is hilarious!! There is another dealer up here, but they don't do much and very seldom answer the phone from what I've heard. If you're gonna pull the pin on a system we can probably help you out in one way or another, as we're already half way between you and So Cal:D

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
If you're gonna pull the pin on a system we can probably help you out in one way or another, as we're already half way between you and So Cal:D
If I weren't sitting in Wyoming right now I would probably say I should drive down to your shop.

How hard are the Carli systems for a DIY install? Jesse said he figures it shouldn't be too hard for me to give it the install, the only problem would come down to the alignment.

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
If I weren't sitting in Wyoming right now I would probably say I should drive down to your shop.

How hard are the Carli systems for a DIY install? Jesse said he figures it shouldn't be too hard for me to give it the install, the only problem would come down to the alignment.

It's not too bad...just depends on your mechanical ability:D Can be real easy to some and rocket science to another. For the parts you listed in your PM you should be able to get'r done over a day or two.

When are you headed back to AK? If you wanted to bring the parts we could install it on your way back to AK:beer;:beer;

Premium Features