• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 Dodoge Cummins

D
Jun 17, 2009
Wyoming
Hey fellas I got a 2007 dodge 5.9 cummins, auto trans, bone stock notin but neft bars and a ranch hand bumper on the front. lookin for some reliable but performace adding products( ECU,Exgaust, Fitlers, Intake) any ideas, also Iam lookin at putin on some 22" rims wit some knoby flat tires how much lift, to see the rims go to http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_wheel.jsp?brand=XD Series&model=XD775 Rockstar ? thanks

Last edited:
M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
need more info than that.. auto or manual? bone stock right now? what kind of mods are you looking for? programmer/guages, intake and exhaust are some good starting mods.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
07 they changed the electronics a bit, there are a few electronic power adders that wont work on that year 5.9.

IMO if you wanna just wake it up a bit go smarty jr. some gauges intake and exh.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
All depends how crazy you want to get. I would go with a 5" exhaust, Cold air intake, and a smarty. That will be reliable hp that will lower your egts for pulling PLUS add fuel mileage(at least when your foots out of it)

And for lift with tires depends how big your wanting to go. 35s you can get away with a Leveling kit. if you go bigger id look at a 4" or 6"

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
All depends how crazy you want to get. I would go with a 5" exhaust, Cold air intake, and a smarty. That will be reliable hp that will lower your egts for pulling PLUS add fuel mileage(at least when your foots out of it)

And for lift with tires depends how big your wanting to go. 35s you can get away with a Leveling kit. if you go bigger id look at a 4" or 6"

5" exh have alot more in cab "drone" than 4" systems and provide no benifit under 650-700hp.

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Hey fellas I got a 2007 dodge 5.9 cummins, auto trans, bone stock notin but neft bars and a ranch hand bumper on the front. lookin for some reliable but performace adding products( ECU,Exgaust, Fitlers, Intake) any ideas, also Iam lookin at putin on some 22" rims wit some knoby flat tires how much lift, to see the rims go to http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_wheel.jsp?brand=XD Series&model=XD775 Rockstar ? thanks

As far as performance upgrades go...I have been happy with my 5" MBRP exhaust, Smarty S-06 w/TNT Software, AFE Stage II with Dry Flow filter and a pyro, trans and boost guage. Out of the 5" exhaust - I have found the MBRP to produce the least amount of cab drone.

The minimum upgrades to the tranny would be a good torque converter and valve body.

As far as suspension goes...for the best performance and ride quality - I would stick with something around 3" of height gain in a Carli Suspension. With the proper spec of wheel you can run up to a 37" tire with Carli's control arms and 3" of lift.

If you use your truck off road at all...I would stay far far away from a 22" wheel and a low pro tire! It's kinda like rolling on electrical tape wrapped around a quarter:D More tire sidewall + smaller wheel = better ride quality both on and off road.

Hope this helps...

Here's a pic of my '06 Mega Cab

IMG_0237.JPG

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Ok, if not running the 22'S what would be a good rim tire combo(notin biger then 37's)

I beat my truck pretty hard, so my preference would be a 17" wheel. I definitely wouldn't put anything larger than an 18" with 35's or 37's. Trust me, you'll enjoy the ride a lot better with a smaller diameter wheel.

Launch.jpg

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
I have 5" and dont have any in cab drone. You cant hear it unless i really get on it. Cruising down the highway you dont hear anything but maybe some turbo whistle going up hills. And saying 5" doesnt help till 650hp, dont agree there. As far as tires and wheels. Unless your beating your truck pretty hard you dont need to stay with 17s or 18s. Not sure id go with 22s cause your limited to what tires you can run. I run 20" wheels with 35s. Dirty Pic but you get the idea.

Epic snow day.jpg

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
As far as exhausts go and drone it all depends what muffler you have and where it is in the system. I have many friends that run 5" with an aero muffler as far forward as they can and it makes the exhaust really deep sounding with no drone. Some of drone has to do with the exhaust tip selection to because depending on what style it will change the sound a little. Get a smarty and a set of guages, exhaust, intake and a good vb for the tranny and you will be a very happy camper with that truck

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
I don't need to look at the link, I've been digging through every site I can to find black wheels for my Ram. And I'll tell you what, nothing is more ghey on a truck then anything bigger then 17's......

D
Jun 17, 2009
Wyoming
I don't need to look at the link, I've been digging through every site I can to find black wheels for my Ram. And I'll tell you what, nothing is more ghey on a truck then anything bigger then 17's......

Your right I kinda screwed up wit the bigger rims, how bout 18's that as small as those come. Also here is a link to some blacked out rims rimshttp://customwheel.com/custom_wheels/default.php/cPath/21_290. Enjoy

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
As far as performance upgrades go...I have been happy with my 5" MBRP exhaust, Smarty S-06 w/TNT Software, AFE Stage II with Dry Flow filter and a pyro, trans and boost guage. Out of the 5" exhaust - I have found the MBRP to produce the least amount of cab drone.

The minimum upgrades to the tranny would be a good torque converter and valve body.

As far as suspension goes...for the best performance and ride quality - I would stick with something around 3" of height gain in a Carli Suspension. With the proper spec of wheel you can run up to a 37" tire with Carli's control arms and 3" of lift.

If you use your truck off road at all...I would stay far far away from a 22" wheel and a low pro tire! It's kinda like rolling on electrical tape wrapped around a quarter:D More tire sidewall + smaller wheel = better ride quality both on and off road.

Hope this helps...

Here's a pic of my '06 Mega Cab

IMG_0237.JPG

Sweet looking ride you got HRT, still running stock turbo? where do you compete? I'm looking for a front bumper like that for my 2nd gen

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
Sweet looking ride you got HRT, still running stock turbo? where do you compete? I'm looking for a front bumper like that for my 2nd gen

Thanks:D Yep...I'm still running a stock turbo in the Mega. Up to this point, we've raced in Mexico at the '06 and '07 Baja 1000 in Stock Full Class with a cummins powered Dodge.

I fabbed the front bumper for my daily driver Mega Cab in the pic.

Here's a pic of our old race truck - I'm just finishing up our new Class 7 Open truck:D

2wheel.jpg IMG_1889.jpg

Last edited:
M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT

then why would you even waste money on wheels? The truck comes stock with 17s, and looks "ghey" as hell with them.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
we've raced in Mexico at the '06 and '07 Baja 1000 in Stock Full Class with a cummins powered Dodge.
You wouldn't happen to be the guys that came down from Canada to race with the Carli boys, would you?

then why would you even waste money on wheels? The truck comes stock with 17s, and looks "ghey" as hell with them.
Because 17's are a functional size. Why a person would want rubber band tires on a truck is beyond me, unless its just "for show." I don't know a single person that ran 20's on their truck and actually used them that kept em. Most went back to 17's. Some went a bit smaller, others a bit bigger.

Different strokes for different folks, etc, blah.

Premium Features