• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 RMK/FUSION 900 IQ BILLET chaincase option!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
G
My 06 900-166 has destroyed the chaincase twice due to warping plastic covers, even after the factory update clip. Count me in for a metal cover. Both times we were about 60 miles from the truck in steep riding area's. Both times I noticed the problem when the plastic tensioner wheel supports melted inside the case and let the chain slip when climbing. If this happens to you, wedge the bottom of the case tight if you can, put in some oil from your injector tank, and crank in the chain tensioner bolt until you feel the chain tighten up. Then go to your truck, go directly to your truck, do not pass the dealer, and definetly do not collect $200.00. (Give the dealer $300.00 or $400.00 instead)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT

My 06 900-166 has destroyed the chaincase twice due to warping plastic covers, even after the factory update clip. Count me in for a metal cover. Both times we were about 60 miles from the truck in steep riding area's. Both times I noticed the problem when the plastic tensioner wheel supports melted inside the case and let the chain slip when climbing. If this happens to you, wedge the bottom of the case tight if you can, put in some oil from your injector tank, and crank in the chain tensioner bolt until you feel the chain tighten up. Then go to your truck, go directly to your truck, do not pass the dealer, and definetly do not collect $200.00. (Give the dealer $300.00 or $400.00 instead)

Sir.

sent you a PM with some details to help you out with an 06 cover..

TT for anyone else...refer to my above reply with link to new thread. thanks

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Guys..

GREAT NEWS..got the latest update from POLZINHUNTER. We are set and he is working on the final product batch this week..

Please read the following info carefully and feel free to email me with any clarification at my email guidoxpress@hotmail.com or PM me here...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test fit has been completed and a few things were noticed and are being corrected now...and the final product will be ready to go by next week, with that being said...

The price of the cover has been set at $165/free shipping (US only, Canada please PM polzinhunter for shipping info). This price is set for snowest members only and if sold elsewhere price is TBD.

However...to begin the final stages of production it has been requested that a $50/depoist be placed to pay for materials, (which include the aluminum sheet/sight glass/gaskets/fill plugs to go with cover) and the remainder at time of shipping...unless you would like to pay in full now

I would like to be informed when payments have been sent so i can keep track of WHO has paid, and HOW much has been paid so i can check you off the list..Kreg is VERY busy and i would like to keep it as simple as possible for him...

To send PAYPAL, please send either the $50 deposit, or Full price to Kregs paypal account: kregp@qwestoffice.net
If you do NOT have a paypal account and would like to mail a money order, perferably no personal check, (but we can work with anyone if need be) please PM me or email me for Kregs Address and i will give it to you..

Kreg would like to complete a batch of 10 covers at a time, but will shoot to have them all completed and ready for shipping as soon as next week...

The Cover Kit will INCLUDE, Billet cover, cover gasket, sight glass, fill plug.

22 People are in for the covers right now...so we have had a great showing on these covers...so THANK YOU ALL

Please, all i need when money is sent is a PM to let me know who, and how much so its documented..

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Don,
We have 21 people in on the covers..after losing a couple...

We have 9 covers PAID IN FULL..i have yet to hear from 10 of the 12 people that are in after i sent PMs on wed...

but anyways..YES..we have enough to make a run, but i need to get ahold of the others, or start getting more buyers..i connot leave Kreg with many left over covers..$$..

they are being made in batches, and will be shipped the same...as of now..all that have paid as of now, WILL be getting the first batch...

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Don,
We have 21 people in on the covers..after losing a couple...

We have 9 covers PAID IN FULL..i have yet to hear from 10 of the 12 people that are in after i sent PMs on wed...

but anyways..YES..we have enough to make a run, but i need to get ahold of the others, or start getting more buyers..i connot leave Kreg with many left over covers..$$..

they are being made in batches, and will be shipped the same...as of now..all that have paid as of now, WILL be getting the first batch...

When will the balance be due? What is the expected ship date?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TTT..

just wanted to say thank you for all those that have paid..

for those that have not paid or contacted me...please send me a PM with your status.

Thank you ALL again w/o ANY of your support and backing this would NOT have happened...and as always...THANK YOU KREG!!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
all 16 cover in the first batch have shipped ! If you have paid its on its way !

I had to use a different sight glass on some becuase the hole ended up to loose for the standard sight glass. I could have made them work with sealant but i did not want the liabilty of leaving one of you guys in the backcountry . Thew new ones are larger and easier to read ( more expensive too) if i had an 05 i would want this one myself.

Please let polzinhunter know when you recieve your cover so he can mark it off his list !

Thanks again to all of you !

ttt..

Premium Features