• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.75 KHAOS Hockey Stocked rails

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Rode epic snow with zero effort totally impressed ! 100 miles out at Cooke. Went to lake Gogebic and wanted to ride some.
Crossed the road and wanted to pop up on bank (2' this is Michigan)
Rails grabbed the Rear Rail edge and twisted everything!!!! E VER Y THING!!!!
Of course Polaris says abuse but I went to separate dealers and the 2.75 rail is way to close and with the top idles moved in it puts even less clearance there.
I'm prob selling it as is or ordering a K mod skid and selling 3000$ more.

This was at 5-10 mph . It still scares me to think about 25-30. I would imagine the track comes over and wads the tunnel just the same . Hope not a body part in there.

4263.jpeg KIMG0053.JPG

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Yeeesh ! So your track grabbed the back of the rails and pulled everything up ? Only way I see it, is the rear axel slid forward and track grabbed the rails. Tough to tell from your pics, but the adjusters look to be against the axle. Or could the idler wheels have flex enough hitting the frozen bank to let the track snag ? Spokes on your idlers look okay.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Rode epic snow with zero effort totally impressed ! 100 miles out at Cooke. Went to lake Gogebic and wanted to ride some.
Crossed the road and wanted to pop up on bank (2' this is Michigan)
Rails grabbed the Rear Rail edge and twisted everything!!!! E VER Y THING!!!!
Of course Polaris says abuse but I went to separate dealers and the 2.75 rail is way to close and with the top idles moved in it puts even less clearance there.
I'm prob selling it as is or ordering a K mod skid and selling 3000$ more.

This was at 5-10 mph . It still scares me to think about 25-30. I would imagine the track comes over and wads the tunnel just the same . Hope not a body part in there.
Insurance.

You hit something tail on and sideways.

Hard.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I'm putting Ice age on and definitely a 156 track that 1/2" seems important now!
I did not adjust the track yet so that may play into it.
No one has to believe how it happened just letting everyone know to be aware.
The two guys behind me were just as astonished at what happened at that low of speed.

Premium Features