• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 ltd doesn't start

one wheeler peeler

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2013
I have a 16 proclimb with around 1000 miles and sled is stock except for can and been rock solid up to now. I just got back from a McCall trip and on day 4 the sled wouldn't start while trying to get it off the deck. I took apart the throttle block and disconnected what I thought was the TSS...didn't help. The pull rope started to fray, so I replaced it yesterday when I got back home. I was hoping that the sled sitting in the garage for a couple days would take care of any moisture in the throttle block (if that was the issue) but it still won't start. The strange thing is that even while trying to start it on the deck, the compression during the pulls was VERY inconsistent. Sometimes it was easy and other times you could barely pull. I tried the "turn ignition/kill switch off" technique and pull 10-15 times and retry...same result. After 3 start attempts in the garage, the fuel smell coming from the sled was really strong.

The pulls are still really inconsistent and the fuel smell is strong...flooded motor? I'm going to try and pull the plugs today and check condition, and for spark. I might even put in new plugs.
Shouldn't the pull 10-15 times with electrics off clear the motor? Would a flooded 800 be the reason for the hard pulls? Depending on spark, I will probably check injectors. A friend of a friend said the reeds might be the culprit. I have also read about a bad stator in a previous post.

Anyone else deal with similar issues?

Thanks...

Premium Features