• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 axys spindle work on pro ride pro rmk?

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
I have a 16 axys pro rmk. I just bought ZRP offset spindles for it. I wanna keep my stock spindles as spares for my sled. Also I have a few friends with pro ride pro rmks. WIll my axys spindle bolt on and work on a pro ride chassis pro rmk without modification? I'd only be using it in a pinch as backup in case someone busted a spindle. Thanks

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have a 16 axys pro rmk. I just bought ZRP offset spindles for it. I wanna keep my stock spindles as spares for my sled. Also I have a few friends with pro ride pro rmks. WIll my axys spindle bolt on and work on a pro ride chassis pro rmk without modification? I'd only be using it in a pinch as backup in case someone busted a spindle. Thanks

yep they fit right on.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
I’m running 2013 pro rmk spindles on my axys. ?

cheap way of gaining strength

36” a arms raised my front end (since i did not shorten shocks) these spindles correct that.

Thats' a good idea. I already had zbros 39" arms and Raptor shocks for the 39" front. Thought going 37" would help my inability to ride a sled :cool:

I watched a guy snap his axys spindle by hitting a rock under the snow.... We looked for the rock that he barely snagged, needless to say it was Shocking to see how little it took to snap it off. I really couldn't find what he hit. carbide caught something I'm thinking?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Thats' a good idea. I already had zbros 39" arms and Raptor shocks for the 39" front. Thought going 37" would help my inability to ride a sled :cool:

I watched a guy snap his axys spindle by hitting a rock under the snow.... We looked for the rock that he barely snagged, needless to say it was Shocking to see how little it took to snap it off. I really couldn't find what he hit. carbide caught something I'm thinking?

yep they snap like a cheap lawn chair.

175B8675-1CED-4E3E-9B03-CF5C152C2D51.jpeg

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
ZRP spindles bend, but only if you hit a BFR (big friggen rock). Those guys are awesome, when it comes to customer service.
9d5ea62de249cea0666c65ecfbede1b4.jpg
a09945db1a5f605bbe3c038bd18f2034.jpg

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
ZRP spindles bend, but only if you hit a BFR (big friggen rock). Those guys are awesome, when it comes to customer service.
9d5ea62de249cea0666c65ecfbede1b4.jpg
a09945db1a5f605bbe3c038bd18f2034.jpg

Tuneman,
is that bent in your picture?
Looks like 39" stock front end. How do you like the offset spindle?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Tuneman,
is that bent in your picture?
Looks like 39" stock front end. How do you like the offset spindle?
That would be VERY bent. With that particular picture angle of the spindle on the workbench, the lower half of spindle is supposed to be parallel to the upper half.

I love the durability of the offset spindles, but I honestly didn't notice much difference in width. I think it's just due to my riding style. If you're a beginner to average rider, the offset will likely be very noticeable and helpful in most situations. If you're an advanced rider and are used to wrong foot forward riding, you probably won't notice much difference. Not trying to sound like I'm bragging, it's just what I observed.

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I tried axys spindles on pro and with shorter shocks they were fine but without to much ski pressure. The pro spindles on axys make front end feel lighter when on gas. Yes Dans 36 kit raises front end 1 inch so if you put pro spindles on it should return within 1/2 inch of stock but lower. Dont forget about the boss on top of pro spindle that is not part of axys spindle and is part of axys upper a arm. I have ground this off for use with axys a arms and just used washers when going back. Right now i have such a hodge podge of parts gobbled up.... Dans 36 kit off a pro and cut bushings and mounts down to fit on axys because they were free, offset spindles set in center with shocks 5/8 shorter.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
That would be VERY bent. With that particular picture angle of the spindle on the workbench, the lower half of spindle is supposed to be parallel to the upper half.

I love the durability of the offset spindles, but I honestly didn't notice much difference in width. I think it's just due to my riding style. If you're a beginner to average rider, the offset will likely be very noticeable and helpful in most situations. If you're an advanced rider and are used to wrong foot forward riding, you probably won't notice much difference. Not trying to sound like I'm bragging, it's just what I observed.
I haven't got my Zrp offsets yet(still in mail), so I didn't know how they look. But after your explanation I can see how they are very bent. I'd rather have them bend than how the stockers snap right off.

Durability was my main goal, and maybe a little easier to ride. I was hoping it wouldn't be drastically different. From what your saying it sounds like I made the right choice. Thanks

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I tried axys spindles on pro and with shorter shocks they were fine but without to much ski pressure. The pro spindles on axys make front end feel lighter when on gas. Yes Dans 36 kit raises front end 1 inch so if you put pro spindles on it should return within 1/2 inch of stock but lower. Dont forget about the boss on top of pro spindle that is not part of axys spindle and is part of axys upper a arm. I have ground this off for use with axys a arms and just used washers when going back. Right now i have such a hodge podge of parts gobbled up.... Dans 36 kit off a pro and cut bushings and mounts down to fit on axys because they were free, offset spindles set in center with shocks 5/8 shorter.

i’m not using dans kit.
(His stuff was way too weak)

these are thicker steel and fully welded.

Premium Features