• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 RMK vs Axys throttle pull

T
Oct 15, 2008
Kamloops BC Canada
I am looking at a 15 800 pro terrain dominator. I am coming from Cat. The My wife was complaining about having a sore thumb. The cat throttle has a very light pull. Is the axys better? is there a cure for the 15? Thanks.

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
I still don't understand the hype about this. My throttle has never made me think "damn I would have so much more fun if this flipper pulled easier." I guess I have many other important things that I look for when buying a sled then some

W
Sep 15, 2008
Spokane, Wa
I still don't understand the hype about this. My throttle has never made me think "damn I would have so much more fun if this flipper pulled easier." I guess I have many other important things that I look for when buying a sled then some

Was kinda thinkin the same thing, its probably one of those things you notice once you have it, then go back.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Was kinda thinkin the same thing, its probably one of those things you notice once you have it, then go back.

I don't think my Pro is hard to pull at all. NEVER has been a problem. Maybe a couple of hours into the first ride of the season I might notice it...then I forget about it.
BUT, when you come across one that's got a different pull, it's very noticeable.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
How did some of you guys survive the carb'd sled days?

Edit: Non-smartassed for OP - just get your wife to ride it a few times and she'll be fine. Everyone has a sore thumb the first day or 2 of sledding because it's an akward movement regardless of how strong or in-shape someone is. Just like arm-pump on a dirtbike - the only "fix" is more riding.

T
Oct 15, 2008
Kamloops BC Canada
Plus Thumb!

I remember those days very well. My wife is 50 and still rides very well in the mountains. I'm just trying to make it as enjoyable as possible for her. It definitely is a case of had it before. She rides a 15 m8000 153 ltd with a very light throttle pull. She liked everything about the pro except the throttle. Thanks for all the input.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
I had a 09 m1000 and the throttle pull was to easy, every time I rolled the sled the throttle would pin , one time I thought it was gonna blow when I fell off and could get back to the sled fast enough to shut it down my pro feels about right and haven't had much trouble with unwanted throttle application .

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I had a 09 m1000 and the throttle pull was to easy, every time I rolled the sled the throttle would pin , one time I thought it was gonna blow when I fell off and could get back to the sled fast enough to shut it down my pro feels about right and haven't had much trouble with unwanted throttle application .

Tether??

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
The less i have to work the more fun i am going to have. BTW i am sure someone in the Polaris field can why not throw a fish scale on the throttle of a 15 and a 16 and prove to us what the actual difference is...

L
Jan 7, 2013
Casper Wyoming
before I start a sledding season, I go through a INSANE training course. I feel like this is one of the best possible ways to make your ( few ) times on the snow enjoyable. I start by laying off the water and gatorade and drinking more whiskey, I then go to the bar, order up the fattiest greasiest burger they have and take it to nom nom town. I then find the guy with the sausagiest looking fingers and demand a thumb war. I do this every day for a month before I plan on starting to ride. Hope this helps.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
before I start a sledding season, I go through a INSANE training course. I feel like this is one of the best possible ways to make your ( few ) times on the snow enjoyable. I start by laying off the water and gatorade and drinking more whiskey, I then go to the bar, order up the fattiest greasiest burger they have and take it to nom nom town. I then find the guy with the sausagiest looking fingers and demand a thumb war. I do this every day for a month before I plan on starting to ride. Hope this helps.

If you look for the sausagiest looking dude in the bar...I don't event want to know, bro.

Hahaha

edit: and your username doesn't help. DOH!!! HAHA

Last edited:
L
Jan 7, 2013
Casper Wyoming
If you look for the sausagiest looking dude in the bar...I don't event want to know, bro.

Hahaha

edit: and your username doesn't help. DOH!!! HAHA

:pound:thats true lol. "Sausagiest looking fingers" I thought left me far enough from that Homosexual boundry.. apparently it did not :pound:

Little red stroker is my truck/ handle on the other forums

Premium Features