• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M8 errors codes

H

hawktoy85

Mar 5, 2013
I have an 09 M8 and I had her out today. Ran great put had a couple small issues. Was out for about 5 hrs. Ran though a full tank of gas.

1. It stalled 3 times while idling and wouldn't restart. Wanted 10 min then fired right back up.

2. speedo gauge now flashes codes. First it says "620" On top line then "-325" On second row. Then flashes "vo3.8"

Anyone know what this could mean? Where can I download the book for this thing?

Thanks

Jake

H

hawktoy85

Mar 5, 2013
I know others have had the same problems. I've done the searches but no one ever answered the other people either? No one on this board know the errors codes for Artic cat?

H

hawktoy85

Mar 5, 2013
it doesn't have any of the codes I am getting.I have them listed above and they don't seem to be any where near the same as the listed on the sled.

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
The same exact thing happened to me. Again this is just my opinion and what I did, if someone else knows better than I please respond.

I was getting the same across my speedo. Turned out to be a short in the speedo itself. Bought a new one and presto it was fixed. I had traced wires and connectors for hours. When low and behold the speedo was shot. Bought a new one from country cat on ebay for a good price. No problems since.

Again just my experience and how I fixed my problem. My .02c.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I searched my entire digital service manual for any of your codes and I can't find any of them. I'm sorry. Please let us know what a dealer has to say because I too would be stumped if I saw these codes. Best of luck to you.

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
Your Gauge is bad. That 0620-325 is the part number for the gauge. That is a voltage code for a bad gauge. That gauge part number and gauge has been replaced with part number 0620-355.

H

hawktoy85

Mar 5, 2013
That makes perfect sense. I noticed the button wasn't working properly so I took the cover off and disconnect the ribbon cable. I stuck a screwdriver down in there and touched the pins and everything seem to cycle through on the gauge pob like it should. So it seems like maybe the button pab is shorted. I left the ribbon cable unplugged and put it back together so I will let you guys know if it fixes the problem. But of course now I have no buttons.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I had nearly the same thing happen to me Thursday. I rode about 3/4 tank of fuel and stopped to take a picture. The sled fired right up but then it just slowed and died. I thought, that was weird. I pulled and pulled and nothing. I moved some wires around under the hood and in about 10 minutes it fired right up and ran normally.

I had noticed some strange electrical stuff going on prior though. The speedo needle would swing all the way up and come back like it is supposed to do but, then it would stop and 20 MPH and wait, then stop at 50 mph and wait and son on. I also noticed my EGT gauges went blank for a while and then I swore I smelt an electrical smell but, I never could pinpoint it.

I didn't see any codes and on the way back to the truck the sled ran normally and my EGTs were working fine again.

Any ideas?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
sometimes if a sled fires up ok after a ten minute wait it can be a temp sensor issue...and or a stator issue sensitive to heat..

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I will pull the sled in the shop and see what I can see.

The electrical anomalies do seem to be somewhat heat sensitive. I still swear I smelt and electrical smell for a short time as well.

Come to think of it, I think I first noticed the issue the first time I turned on my hand and thumb warmers for the season. Could that be related?

H

hawktoy85

Mar 5, 2013
So after disconnecting the ribbon cable of the speedo, I don't get any of the codes I was getting before flashing on the display. So that seems to have solved that except that now the useless buttons don't work.

Premium Features