• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M1000 with MDS weights WOW!!!

C
Dec 14, 2007
If you add a shim it will tuck the weight tighter to the roller drops engagment rpm on mine I added the dalton adjustables running 91 gms just by adding those weights it raised my rpm from about 3600 to 4500 now by adding the shim its down to 3500-3600 and no more belt smell when driving slow

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Shims

If you make the shims, just make sure the outside diameter of the shims are smaller than the inside diameter of the "O" Rings. I'm quite happy with how they turned out and this is the first time the sled has not bogged since I've owned it. Backshift and engine breaking are great now.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Ive heard of guys sanding the Orings thiner. instead of making a washer.

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
I stated I would post back on these weights when I get it dailed in. I have stacked as much weight as possible onto the MDS and filing was required on the end of the nut so the width of the weight was not to wide to fit down into the spider and to get the weights the exact same at 97.6 grams. I had to buy longer bolts to double stack the plates. The sled is pulling 7500 to 7650 depending on traction. I know I should be down a little less in rpms but I cannot get anymore weight on. This sled pulls very hard and I have never rode anything stock that pulls any harder. I have trip out west in Feb and I am hoping it will pull 88 grams with a 120/340 spring. I am very happy with this setup.

F

forreboy

May 17, 2008
Sweden
torsion convert with mds weight

I am very interested in bying mds weight, think backshift is bad stock. I was also thinking about converting my secondary clutch to torsion spring style.
Or is it enough to just add a shift assist. My know how tells me that torsional spring together with a good weight profile should be the best for a super responsive backshift.
It's a 2011 M8 and it's stock

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
I am very interested in bying mds weight, think backshift is bad stock. I was also thinking about converting my secondary clutch to torsion spring style.
Or is it enough to just add a shift assist. My know how tells me that torsional spring together with a good weight profile should be the best for a super responsive backshift.
It's a 2011 M8 and it's stock
I would recommend that you try the weights first then if you still need the torsional go that way.

Premium Features