• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 800 rmk electrical diagram

K
Sep 27, 2012
This is my first post. I'm looking for an electrical diagram for my 09 800 rmk. I'm trying to add some buddy bars with heated grips from Alternative Impact. I'm struggling with finding a good power source for them. First try was an unused wire directly out of the ECU. Had 12.5V but not enough power. Then I tried one of the wires from the handlegrips. Ended up being the high beams. Grips worked, but only when high beams were on - doh! Anyway, would like a constant on power source but am struggling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
This is my first post. I'm looking for an electrical diagram for my 09 800 rmk. I'm trying to add some buddy bars with heated grips from Alternative Impact. I'm struggling with finding a good power source for them. First try was an unused wire directly out of the ECU. Had 12.5V but not enough power. Then I tried one of the wires from the handlegrips. Ended up being the high beams. Grips worked, but only when high beams were on - doh! Anyway, would like a constant on power source but am struggling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the Thread pinned @ the top of this section;

POLARIS OWNER'S MANUALS

ELECTRIC diagrams are in there

or

The COMPLETE IQ/DRAGON SERVICE manual is attached below

I had a 2007 D7, and needed to tap into power for HOT GRIPS wrapped around a mountain bar turned towards me for my 8 year old daughter to hold onto.

Look at the 16 pin connector on top and at the rear of the clutch guard, kinda close to where your left knee would be.

Look for a RED WIRE with WHITE stripe on the end.

You can simply plug into that with a standard male spade connector, (made a bit narrower)

Hope this helps

Attachments

• IQ SERVICE MANUAL.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 918
Last edited:
Premium Features