• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 M7 Sno Pro Build

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
I picked up this 05 M7 Sno Pro a couple months back. It has about 700 miles and 40 hours on it. This is my first Cat so I will take any advice I can get on how to make it go best. I have my Powder Pro's on it off my RMK and I picked up a 153 Power Claw to replace the original Attack 20, 141. I need to figure out what would be the most logical order of thing/ best value parts to get next.

- Obviousely I need longer rails. I really like the 09 rails and might get some of those from the dealer to go with a float conversoin off Freeagent on here.

- I am thinking the OEM tunnel extension and bumper parts for the tunnel stretch/narrow would be a good combo for the longer skid.

- I got the proper weights in the primary for my low altitude but haven't touched anything else but put a fresh belt on it.

- I will do the relocation bracket for my skid as well.

At this point I am not sure where to go next.

Pipe? I need to keep the sled quiet out here of they give out a $100 ticket. Through tunnel exhaust outlet? Are thos quiet?

Fuel system controller/ regulator?

Accessory guages? EGT? Temp?

I need a hood and I think I am going with a BR Tech or Sno Stuff, it needs to be as strong as OEM I do a lot of bushwacking.

What else am I missing? What is the logical order to build this up if I have to take my time building it up?

Thanks a lot.

Here is the sled:

road.jpg

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
You don't need relocation brackets if you get new rails. Float suspension is really nice and saves weight and tunnel conversion is a must too. Bad thing in float suspension seems to be the front arm which is quite weak. If you jump and need to reshim it (jumping, harder riding) seems it bends. At least mine did.

If you like to keep stock bore, here's list of quite cheap mods: 10.4" secondary, fuel requlator (I used mikuni jet in fuel line - cheap), timing key, Y-pipe and BMP mod pipe (or some other pipe). No fuel box needed with these.

Last edited:
N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Sounds like you are on track with some good changes. The powerclaw is a huge improvement and the 09 tunnel is nice. The float skid from freeagent is a HUGE improvement in ride. The 05 sucks stock.

I liked the jaws twin on my 05, but they are a lot louder than stock. IMO most of the singles are not worth the cost for the gains since you need a fuel box too. RKT head is a popular mod that seems to do more than a pipe for most high altitude riders for the money.

Clutching is key with the M7.

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
I heard the pipes on these sleds migth be prone to breaking but that was from a friend that has an F7. I was considering the fat daddy witht he tunnel dump. I get to save weight, and it keeps it quiet. Not sure it the tunnel outlet would have any side affects?? It might make it run hotter or ice up. It would be nice to save 12 pounds and keep the sound levels low though.

http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showdetl.cfm?&DID=29&Product_ID=3801&CATID=249

Powder-Pro.jpg

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
As for pipes, I have found the BMP pipe mod to work the best and the sound levels are almost stock. I also have a D&D Lite pipe, and it doesn't seem to have the same bottom end power as the modded stock pipe and the sound is a little different. The stock can is going to be the quietest compared to any of the aftermarket cans. I have a speedwerx can on my F7 and it is very quiet compared to any other cans I have heard but definitely still louder than stock.

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
I noticed that sale. I wonder if they have anything that looks like the 09 spiderweb rails.

I am thinking the 10.4 secondary would be a good mod for the tight stuff I ride in New Hampshire.

Last edited:
L

luv2sledmt

Dec 15, 2008
C. Falls, MT
I wouldn't recomend the timing key personally. I had one in mine and ended up taking it back out and going back to stock. It created a low end stumble i just couldn't deal with. I put in a SLP intake for M8 and 1000's, it cured the problem of starving for air when your intake screens get covered by powder. Sled runs awsome and i love it. Have fun!!!

G

green 440

Dec 1, 2007
shelburne nh
freeride a think we ride the same area. my sled is a 06 m7 153. 08 skid float shoks all around,D&D y-pipe speedwerx single,speedwerx can,snopro air box,10.4 clutch,and lots of vents.it seems to run good.clutching is key

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
freeride a think we ride the same area. my sled is a 06 m7 153. 08 skid float shoks all around,D&D y-pipe speedwerx single,speedwerx can,snopro air box,10.4 clutch,and lots of vents.it seems to run good.clutching is key

Hey your from Wakefield,I'm from Rochester. I groom up to the south end of Lovel lake for Evergreen Valley Club. Do you ever ride around Moose? It was fun last year. Only got a couple good days this year at Moose this season. This is footage from the last day I rode in Wakefield/brookfield this year, it was getting thin but still fun and closer to home than Area 51:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v436/racerboypete/?action=view&current=uphill.flv

Back to the build< I need to get that tunnel reinforcement kit before next year now that I have been thinking. That is a must.

Premium Features