• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 kingcat/sppedwerx pipe/fuel box???

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
thinking of putting on a speedwerx pipe on my 05 kingcat efi, ride 1000 to 5000ft, do i need to install a fuel managment box on it or can i just unplug the ethanol wire, have read both ways. also do you have to run 91 octane with this pipe?

T
Sep 22, 2008
Im really happy just spanked some new revs and 800dragons hillclimping went with dnd y-pipe and front dump can for a 1000 stock pipe,no need for fuel controller really nice sound.

B
Nov 26, 2007
i have same set up. @ elevation, you really don't need any extra fuel other than the wire undone. i run the attitude box, and the only thing i had was a 1/2 spot up on the mains. according to derek @ AI, that's about a 2% increase in fuel.

i flooded it out any fatter than that higher up- like 7500+ ft

however, in town at 6200, i could fatten more and it would take it and not throw a fit. wouldn't go below that w/o a box. for you 1000-5000, definitely go w/ a box. it'll want fuel in the mid and high.

i ran at sea level and was several notches up on mids and mains, so the set up definitely flows more air.

i'll tell you that set up rips. i tested an 09 M8 162 for the day to see if i liked it on my last trip. i hated the lack of power. i know i'll get ripped for this, but it was a major dog. the 900 w/ that set up was so much more impressive and fun to ride.

i even put a cat-hater on my sled (he's a poli lover and every other brand sucks), and he was really impressed for whatever that's worth. didn't convert him over, but he gave a complement.

i am also 250lbs w/ gear. i know that has a bit to do w/ it.

my set up is:

sw pipe, y, and can
boyesn reeds
gutted airbox
16 x 151 x 2.3
AI box

get a boss seat if you don't already have one. w/ the above set up, man it's hard to get rid of that 9.

also- yes, run 91-92 whatever you can get for fuel and you'll be good.

Last edited:
Premium Features