• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 summit 700 (are they any good?)

T
Nov 5, 2008
OWATONNA MN
whats up fellow rippers! im lookin to buy a 01 700 summit and im wondering what you fellow skidoo riders or someone who has one thinks of them. ive rode polaris my whole life and i need some help.. i have a 98 xc 700 sks now is it worth the upgrade.. its in mint condish 2200 miles all stock guys askin 2500.. would appreciate the help

thanks
rip on!

team909:)

there is a picture of the sled in my profile if you wanna see it

Last edited:
B

born2sled

Jul 1, 2009
my opinion is that ya they are not bad but you wont be putting up the highmark thats forsure if i were you i would buy something newer i used to ride a 670 summit but now i own an 07 800r rev and the fun factor went up like a 100 notches , the older sleds just dont cut it now adays compared to the newer ones.

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
How long is it? Does it have the DPM? If so, I would do it. Those sleds were the sh!t back when they were new.

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
They were good sleds back in the day. Nine yrs old that price seems steep for me, but if its great shape its your call.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
That is a great sled for the year but the price seems alittle high. With 2200 miles on it you will need to do piston rings and a few other things but they are good sleds

Yeah, it's in good shape so $1500-2000 would be a good bet. Great sled to learn on, heck! I STILL ride a zx platform! but some people say i'm wierd......

Bulletproof chassis, although it doesn't have the upgrades that the 02/03's came with, like a factory D&R and wider runningboards, along with a skid set-back to improve attack angle.

But it would probably be quite a step up over your Polaris, same type of chassis, but I know a few who jumped from Gen II's to ZX's and said it was a huge leap, like going to a rev? of course not! But these were great sleds that don't get the credit they deserve.

T
Nov 5, 2008
OWATONNA MN
01 summit

thanks for the help..whats dpm..its a 144 and i will be riding mainly trails with it in michigan..book value is 2203

any thought now?

thanks
team909

by the way someone said you can find 03's and 04's for that price if you got one for sale call me i would buy asap

1-507-455-0680 mike

F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
Paid $2300 for a very clean 01 Summit 700 144 track, after market can and reed spacers, otherwisw stock last fall, love it. My sled had about the same miles as the one you are looking at. I looked at 3-4 sleds before I found this one and still think I got a good deal, hard to go wrong with this sled if toe price is right.

That price is definatly high, especially for off season and in this economy, either talk them down quite a bit or be patient and find another sled. If I were to sell mine It'd probubly go for $1700 - 2000. with 2700 miles on it.

Sure I would like a newer sled with more modern, well, eveything but the slde is not holding me back that's for sure. Yea you won't be settin any high marks but that wasn't my goal and the sled rips and when your buddies sleds blow up you will be the one towing them back. If you are tall, get bar rizers.

Do a compression test (check rings)
How is the track, missing lugs, cracked?
probubly want to have the clutch serviced so deduct the cost for that.

ArcticDoo2

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2007
Eastern SD
My son rides an 01 700 last year we put a 16 wide 144 powdermax track under it and he can go just about anywhere the rest of us go with 154's and 163's. He's 5-11 165. The sled builds great power and he throws it around like he's part of the sled. He also put a 6" riser and an MBRP race can. It's a great little sled for him and for the money

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
They are a good sled. I still ride a ZX chassie, I am not a big fan of the newer ski doos (revs & XPs). As said before compression check it, the 700 had crappy rings. Also check for bulkhead cracking around the shock towers. I had to weld mine up last year. Good luck..

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
That seems high for a 700. I've got a 01 800 summit X FOR SALE, thats in N. Iowa, I'll sell ya for less then that. PM me if your interested.

Premium Features