• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01- 800 rmk electrical questions

W
Nov 27, 2007
hello all.
I am putting an 800 on an atv for dirt drags and I got a few electrical questions.
1st - which wire do I use for the tach pikup?
2nd - how does this "premium/regular fuel setting work? I know it advances or retards timing according to how the switch is set, but I didnt get a switch with my motor. Should I splice some wires together to set it at premium? I have a shop manual but Im still somewhat stumped.
3. from looking at the wire diagram, I assume yellow is always hot and brown is negative.
Thanks!

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
hello all.
I am putting an 800 on an atv for dirt drags and I got a few electrical questions.
1st - which wire do I use for the tach pikup?
2nd - how does this "premium/regular fuel setting work? I know it advances or retards timing according to how the switch is set, but I didnt get a switch with my motor. Should I splice some wires together to set it at premium? I have a shop manual but Im still somewhat stumped.
3. from looking at the wire diagram, I assume yellow is always hot and brown is negative.
Thanks!

The yellow wire is the lighting coil wire and should be used for the tach lead. As for the premium switch white -orange is the premium switch wire.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
if you are not running a switch just leave it disconnected. it will run in premium mode, yellow is power, brown is ground and yellow is the wire you use for the tach. make sure you have a voltage reglulator also

W
Nov 27, 2007
ok, sweet. I was wondering which mode it was in, if I just left it alone. Just the info I was looking for. I will more than likely hook up a small battery to absorb voltage from stator, as well as power my playback tach.
Thanks!

W
Nov 27, 2007
hold on... im still confused. So I use the yellow wire for the 12v power for the tach- and also use the yellow wire for the trigger/pulse pickup on the tach? Do i set it a 4cylinder?
sorry to sound thick headed, but I dont wanna fry it.

Last edited:
Premium Features