For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
DRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond repute
Default 800 Strange Starting Issue

I passed my 15 800 onto my dad and it has a strange starting issue. When the machine is cold after sitting even for months it starts in 2 pulls at most. About once or twice on almost every ride after it is warm it will take 50 pulls etc to get it started. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? It has been tuned up and looked over etc by a dealer...

Dad is older and this is a real pain for him. Most the time I have to go help him out.

Last edited by DRIVEBYE; 12-08-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Basic Member
Lake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same issue under warranty and it took several try's at my dealer but they finally got it right. Never did tell me what was causing it but it took several calls to the factory about it though. It was on my 15 154 in it's second year. I have a great dealer Rifle Performance Motorsports in Rifle, CO

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lake Powell For This Useful Post:
doug helsel (12-10-2017), scummit8 (01-30-2018)
Old 12-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Basic Member
utahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond repute

If the sled fires up after a cool off period but does not start when the engine continues to be hot, you may have a vapor lock in the fuel line. Perhaps move any fuel line away from close proximity of the engines heat or place a insulating barrier around those fuel lines. Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by utahpowder1; 12-08-2017 at 02:08 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Basic Member
DRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond reputeDRIVEBYE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Powell View Post
I had the same issue under warranty and it took several try's at my dealer but they finally got it right. Never did tell me what was causing it but it took several calls to the factory about it though. It was on my 15 154 in it's second year. I have a great dealer Rifle Performance Motorsports in Rifle, CO
Any clue if they would still recall what it was?

Where do you go in Powell? I am there a lot.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahpowder1 View Post
If the sled fires up after a cool off period but does not start when the engine continues to be hot, you may have a vapor lock in the fuel line. Perhaps move any fuel line away from close proximity of the engines heat or place a insulating barrier around those fuel lines. Hope this is helpful.
Weird part is sometimes when hot it starts just fine. But I will take a look thanks.

Last edited by DRIVEBYE; 12-08-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Basic Member
utahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond reputeutahpowder1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just another thought. If you are running ethanol fuel, it will readily absorb water and it too may be a cause of a vapor lock. Please post if you find the solution to this issue.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahpowder1 View Post
Just another thought. If you are running ethanol fuel, it will readily absorb water and it too may be a cause of a vapor lock. Please post if you find the solution to this issue.
Always non E...I will

Also where do you ride? My sleds are kept in Heber, ride up above Kamas a lot.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Basic Member
Lake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEBYE View Post
Any clue if they would still recall what it was?

Where do you go in Powell? I am there a lot.
They might but they were vague at the time. Go out of Bullfrog and usually down to the Escalante. Had to give up the houseboat this year though. Us three partners just couldn't afford it anymore with the 25% increase in buoy fees and then the mussels. Just called dealer and he can't recall but probably a reflash on the computer.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Powell View Post
They might but they were vague at the time. Go out of Bullfrog and usually down to the Escalante. Had to give up the houseboat this year though. Us three partners just couldn't afford it anymore with the 25% increase in buoy fees and then the mussels. Just called dealer and he can't recall but probably a reflash on the computer.
I spoke to my dealer and he said there are 2 things it could be he is going to look it over.

Ha I launch at Bullfrog and almost always stay is Escalante also.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Basic Member

I typically ride from Noblett's parking lot to the summit of Wolf Creek pass. Occasionally will ride Strawberry, Soapstone, Bear River and this year will be heading to Togwotee. Ride a turbo AC and recently purchased Polaris Axys, installed a turbo and wrap. So I am to blame for the lack of snow-Sorry to all the Utah riders!!

Old 12-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Basic Member
treeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to treeboy For This Useful Post:
Diamond8 (12-12-2017), MountainTrashCat (12-10-2017), winter brew (12-12-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 01:03 AM
Currently: Need Snow!!!!!!
rocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Currently: Patiently waiting for my '19
Thanked 1,024 Times in 610 Posts
Blk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Blk88GT For This Useful Post:
rocks rev (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Currently: mid week sled rides
Team Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond reputeTeam Pigeon has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-10-2017, 11:13 AM
Currently: Waiting to do that ^^ again
First SnoWest Premium Member
Thanked 3,234 Times in 2,157 Posts
MountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to MountainTrashCat For This Useful Post:
Diamond8 (12-12-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 12-11-2017, 09:37 AM
SNOMOBL has a reputation beyond reputeSNOMOBL has a reputation beyond reputeSNOMOBL has a reputation beyond reputeSNOMOBL has a reputation beyond reputeSNOMOBL has a reputation beyond reputeSNOMOBL has a reputation beyond reputeSNOMOBL has a reputation beyond reputeSNOMOBL has a reputation beyond reputeSNOMOBL has a reputation beyond reputeSNOMOBL has a reputation beyond reputeSNOMOBL has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to SNOMOBL For This Useful Post:
MountainTrashCat (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 09:51 AM
MountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond reputeMountainTrashCat has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 12-11-2017, 10:03 PM
Currently: Mechanic for and Advisor to SHR
Basic Member
FEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-11-2017, 11:22 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 12-26-2017, 12:41 PM
Currently: rearranging my sock drawer
Basic Member
PETE_NWT has a reputation beyond reputePETE_NWT has a reputation beyond reputePETE_NWT has a reputation beyond reputePETE_NWT has a reputation beyond reputePETE_NWT has a reputation beyond reputePETE_NWT has a reputation beyond reputePETE_NWT has a reputation beyond reputePETE_NWT has a reputation beyond reputePETE_NWT has a reputation beyond reputePETE_NWT has a reputation beyond reputePETE_NWT has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-26-2017, 03:29 PM
Basic Member
treeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register