• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AirPro

Y
Oct 3, 2016
Purchased

Bought and installed, very easy company to work with, excellent customer service! Air'd up WR forks to 5psi and noticed a big change on the dirt, excited to test them out on snow...if winter ever decides to show up in CO

H

hiltz

Oct 30, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Ordered some Sunday night while on sale worked out to 200cad shipped. Great customer service and were shipped out next morning! Charlie answered all my questions quickly and was a pleasure to deal with. Will give a review after first ride!

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
I may be way off base here, but I was taught to bleed the excess pressure out of my forks before each ride to protect the fork seals and to keep them from leaking. The idea seams to make sense to prevent bottoming, but wont this blow out the fork seals??

A
Nov 28, 2016
I may be way off base here, but I was taught to bleed the excess pressure out of my forks before each ride to protect the fork seals and to keep them from leaking. The idea seams to make sense to prevent bottoming, but wont this blow out the fork seals??

On dirtbikes, for sure! When riding with standard spring forks on dirt, air in the outer chamber is a good way to ensure violent headshake in the small bumps. As far as your fork seal question, we haven't had any issues in our testing. On the Showa TAC fork, (the one that comes on the 2015-17 KX and RMZ 450s), the latest Kawasaki manual actually recommends the standard setting at 16.7 psi in the outer chamber of the right fork (the one with 3 air chambers). The adjustable range is anywhere from 0 up to 20 psi. The seals for the outer chamber on this fork are the same standard seals that come in a spring fork, so we don't expect our bottoming kit to hurt the life of your fork seals. That being said, ice, dirt or some other element could cut the seals and cause them to leak. But the extra air wont make for an unexpected blowout on the mountain.

H

hiltz

Oct 30, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Running with stock springs. Went with the airpro instead of going heavier on the springs. First ride went great, just bring a shock pump with to dial in your psi

Curious, are your airlines really sensitive to leakage when they are bumped? Mine seem a little too sensitive I'm considering making a bracket to move the manifold level with triple clamp to minimize bends in the line. All 4 connections are clean and tight.

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
On dirtbikes, for sure! When riding with standard spring forks on dirt, air in the outer chamber is a good way to ensure violent headshake in the small bumps. As far as your fork seal question, we haven't had any issues in our testing. On the Showa TAC fork, (the one that comes on the 2015-17 KX and RMZ 450s), the latest Kawasaki manual actually recommends the standard setting at 16.7 psi in the outer chamber of the right fork (the one with 3 air chambers). The adjustable range is anywhere from 0 up to 20 psi. The seals for the outer chamber on this fork are the same standard seals that come in a spring fork, so we don't expect our bottoming kit to hurt the life of your fork seals. That being said, ice, dirt or some other element could cut the seals and cause them to leak. But the extra air wont make for an unexpected blowout on the mountain.

So this set up is just for the new style forks, older traditional spring forks this set up wont work?

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
Not from what I understand. I ordered one for my 2003 WR450 and hope to get it put on in the next week or so. It should work with the standard spring type forks, at least that is my plan.

A
Nov 28, 2016
So this set up is just for the new style forks, older traditional spring forks this set up wont work?

no we make them for traditional spring forks, that's what they were originally put on when we had the idea. I was just using the new showa TAC air fork to answer the question about fork seals blowing out due to air pressure. The Showa TAC fork standard setting is 16 psi, which is less than what people are running in our AirPro with traditional spring forks (which use the same seals as the showa air fork). sorry for the confusion.

N
Jun 9, 2008
Post Falls, Idaho
OK, so lets say I put an Airpro on my brand new forks, keep it under 16psi, and I blow out my fork seals. What will Airpro do for me? Are you really sure the seals will be OK, and are you willing to back that up with something?

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
OK, so lets say I put an Airpro on my brand new forks, keep it under 16psi, and I blow out my fork seals. What will Airpro do for me? Are you really sure the seals will be OK, and are you willing to back that up with something?

Good luck haus. I have seals fail in a week and I have seals that never fail before forks need service. No one in their right mind is going to warranty fork seals. Just saying.

Premium Features