For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Performance/Modified Discuss modifications for your sled

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Currently: Parting M8 Turbo
TheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond reputeTheBreeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fuel pressure gauge mounting?

I ordered a BDX billet fuel pressure adapter and gauge. I was hoping to mount the gauge on the cowling. The billet fitting accepts 1/8" npt so I picked up a 1/8" npt to 1/4" fuel line barbed fitting so I can run a line to the back of the gauge once it is mounted to the cowling. The fitting on the back of the actual pressure gauge is also 1/8" male npt. How do I connect the fuel line to the back of the gauge? I cant seem to find a fitting that will take a 1/8" male npt to a 1/4" barbed fitting. Any suggestions? Am i going about this all wrong?

How are other people getting the fuel pressure gauges mounted on the dash?

Last edited by TheBreeze; 05-25-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Currently: turbo m8
kcdavidak has a reputation beyond reputekcdavidak has a reputation beyond reputekcdavidak has a reputation beyond reputekcdavidak has a reputation beyond reputekcdavidak has a reputation beyond reputekcdavidak has a reputation beyond reputekcdavidak has a reputation beyond reputekcdavidak has a reputation beyond reputekcdavidak has a reputation beyond reputekcdavidak has a reputation beyond reputekcdavidak has a reputation beyond repute

try a hydraulic shop. 1/8 nipple , 1/4 to 1/8 bell reducer, 1/4 fuel barb should do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to kcdavidak For This Useful Post:
TheBreeze (05-26-2011)
Old 05-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Currently: Not set.
catmanm7 has a reputation beyond reputecatmanm7 has a reputation beyond reputecatmanm7 has a reputation beyond reputecatmanm7 has a reputation beyond reputecatmanm7 has a reputation beyond reputecatmanm7 has a reputation beyond reputecatmanm7 has a reputation beyond reputecatmanm7 has a reputation beyond reputecatmanm7 has a reputation beyond reputecatmanm7 has a reputation beyond reputecatmanm7 has a reputation beyond repute

or do a female 90 degree connector and thread the barbed fitting into that. You might have to order it, grainger etc.
I found that a local Mclendons (hardware store) carried a lot, I mean alot more fittings then lowes or home depot.
If you cant deal with the 90 degree and make it work, then I bet you can order the one you are looking for.
for example, i searched "1/4 barb 1/8 fnpt"

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...N=0&sst=subset
Also to hold my gauge on, I have used a big ziptie wrapped around the back side, or a hose clamp. I have no clue the right way to mount the gauges, they dont even look like they were made to be mounted...

Last edited by catmanm7; 05-26-2011 at 12:07 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to catmanm7 For This Useful Post:
TheBreeze (05-26-2011)