• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how do i bleed my oil injection system? 09 m8

T

troyburt

Mar 29, 2010
Newfoundland
i really need to know how to do this. i have the shop manual but it has nothing in there about bleeding the oil pump

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I'm not sure on how to bleed the system...but if you mix some oil in your fuel you should be safe,just keep an eye on your oil level too make sure you are using it.

T

troyburt

Mar 29, 2010
Newfoundland
ok i know about the 10 mm bleed screw on the side of the pump. opened that, oil flowed real quick i cursed alot had a puddle of oil and have got oil to the pump. done this last night. my only concern is that i'm not seeing much oil in the lines going from the pump to the intake manifolds. i don't know how much i should be seeing coming out into the lines. is it just a trickle? should they be full?

thanks again

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Bleed oil system

Ive always used a coat hanger and hooked the oil pump lever and as i started it pulled up on the oil pump level and gave it full oil and also added oil to the first tank of fuel to make sure the system didnt have and air pocket or bubble in the line, you never know. Never had a problem on 6-8 new motors at start up. Good Luck
:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features