• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TPS/voltage issue

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I have a brand new '12 that is giving me the code 51 10. The sled has about 250 miles on it. It will die if I go in and out of the throttle very quickly. If I roll into the throttle it generally doesn't die.

51 10 reads "TPS abnormal rate of change"

I just replaced the TPS with another one and still am getting that code. I had both TPS's base voltages set to .703 and .699 volts respectfully.

Any ideas?

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Throttle safety switch is zip-tied and taped shut at all times on my sled. That shouldn't affect the TPS error. Thanks though.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Update: Just cleaned and inspected connections at the voltage regulators, ECU, and TPS as per the service manual. Also replaced both voltage regulators and capacitor. Not fixed so far.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I had a similar issue on an 11 Pro. It turned out to be a wire going to the stator that was shorting out due to the insulation having rubbed through on the frame. It took a lot of sleuthing to figure it out but it did fix the problem.

D
Had the same issue with my 2012. They have a known issue with water getting into the wire harness through open plugs and the water ends up in the throttle position sensor. On mine they replaced the entire wire harness and put in special plugs to cap the open holes. Mine would not go into reverse, the rpm at idle would drop to 5-600, had a huge dead spot at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle and sometimes it would fall off full throttle.
Took the dealer eight try's to fix the issue. He finialy got it.....knock on wood. It was all factory warranty because it was a known issue.

Premium Features