• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Priamry Clutch maintenance

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
What maintenance does a primary on an M7 need? I'm used to the old PS/1M clutches with the fiber bushings that needed replacement every 800 miles. Got over 2k on my M7 and have never done anything to the primary. Where do they wear, what do I need to look for?

Thanks for any help/tips!

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Best thing is to keep them blown out after every second ride or so. Typical sheave face prep/cleaning. And keep a very close eye on the rollers on the spider. They sh*t the bed, and take the weights out with it if you dont catch. My m7 did that at 2200 miles, couple others had the same thing around that ballpark as well. Short of that, make sure the set screws on the weights are in place, and the o-rings are in tact on both sides of the bolt. Havent personally seen of any crazy things happening with the sheave bushings or anything like that, keep an eye on the spring, the spring cup chews on it pretty good and its not uncommon for it to break.

Premium Features