• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AC Panther 440 track change?

T
Jan 8, 2013
Hello everyone,
I have a 01 AC Panther 440, 136" track, i want to get more involved in deep powder riding, but the lugs's height is only .75"... I was looking around in TRACK USA, and saw the challenger 2 track, with 2" lugs on, that got me thinking about changing track. Could this track work? will i have any kind of problem? Will it be worth or i'm gonna get stuck every 10 meters anyways?
Thanks
Tiz

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
You would need to check for clearance around your drivers and tunnel and bulkhead. I know there was not a lot of room. Cat had an older notched track that was 1 3/4" that may work and can usually be gotten cheap. I would not put too much into that old sled with a small motor. As soon as you start pulling in deeper snow you will see you don't have enough HP to do much.

T
Jan 8, 2013
do you know the sled that track was mounted on?? Here i don't have really deep powder, and many times i have to switch between packed snow and fresh powder, should i think about a cross country track? I saw on TRACK USA, the back country 15"x136"x1.75" which has about as the same specs as the one you suggested, and this retails for 580$ plus shipping( not cheap to switzerland... :( )
thanks

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Those tracks were on the powder specials from the late 90's to 2002. Around here people give them to friends or sell them for $50 at a swap meet! A track off a cross over sled would work too, most of them are 1 1/4 to 1 1/2". You would have a 2.52 pitch track so that is what you need to look for to fit your drivers. I know nothing of what you have over there for resources to choose from.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Our fall swap meets are the time to get a cheap track. I see 'mountain' has one for sale it the swap meet section for $150 but shipping anything used across the pond can be a more trouble than it's worth.

T
Jan 8, 2013
thanks guys, i'll try to contact him and see what the shipping's gonna cost. If that's not worth, i might just buy a new one off TRACK USA, maybe the new lug design will perform better...

Premium Features