• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
^ my story is just like his. Between myself and my buddy staying with me, we have 7000 miles across 3 pros and no issues/rebuilds. Not like that is a ton of miles, but it's like 8 seasons of total riding around here for a guy with a job. Yes some people have issues, but to go through that many rebuilds in so few miles, across 2 sleds - you have some combination of horrible luck and/or some operator/wrenching issues in play.

Just stock motors. Not LR motors or RKT. Stock. Oil pump turned up. Polaris racing oil only. 1ounce per gallon of fuel in the tank. Last blow up was most definitely caused by dealer in my opinion. But chipping rings and knifing Pistons are just plain Polaris. Hoping dealer didn't f up the complete rebuild this time and MtnTek fix kit works. I had over 3000 on my SLP rmk 900 and nitrous. Poo has 1/2 the top end life span of Doo or Cat.

Not trying to get in a pi$$ing match with any one. I just have not seen any longevity with poo 8 motors.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I thought there'd be more rumours or speculation flying around.

I'm looking forward to seeing what cat has up its sleeve.

Hard to imagine that they let Yamaha unveil everything???

Because cat has chased away what market share it once had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
2017. Your number may be a pinch low:face-icon-small-hap
U gotta state a lower number so when it arrives everyone will be even more excited about the 'new' higher number. ;)
2017 that will be a solid 3yrs of testing on this new engine. I hope its dialed in like the 09 m8 with room to revise like the H.O. 2011. :)

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
U gotta state a lower number so when it arrives everyone will be even more excited about the 'new' higher number. ;)
2017 that will be a solid 3yrs of testing on this new engine. I hope its dialed in like the 09 m8 with room to revise like the H.O. 2011. :)

That'll never happen. I think it will be an engine like the etecs and it will be at its full potential. All they will be able to do is dirty it up to make it more reliable

Premium Features