• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Props to the Polaris on Saturday

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ill be there then as well. Ill come and judge the Mini Iron shootout. Which mountain ? We can bring a couple cameras and post the results ! Then we can go hang in the meadows and ride circles around each other !

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Your theory is dead wrong. My Pro has Carl's clutching and balancing and will kill the Summit off the line. Summit eventually catches up and passes (with Tom's clutching) so you can throw that hypothesis out the window. It floats better because of the shallow attack angle of the skid and the skid design (Holz knock-off) along with the low weight and soft track. It's not rocket science to figure out!

Have FUN!

G MAN

I thankyou for your imput, but I copied the pro attack angle, and the holz suspension and my sled is lighter. On my third different track, but not the same as the poo track. Might not get there until I fit that poo track in there. I never worked on rockets! And again it is just my opinion!:face-icon-small-win

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Why is it that we've seen quite a few videos show up on you tube this season showing pro's whooping up on cats and doos? You would think that some of these guys that are so convinced the cat and doo is superior in all conditions would be able to shoot a conclusive video in order to put the argument to rest. The only doos and cats I've seen perform reasonably well all have cracker-azz riders in the 150 to 170lb. range. I'd like to see a full size man (in the 200lbs. range) post a vid of his doo dominating a pro. Everybody and their dog seems to be wearing Go-Pros.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
I have said it before. I have both the an '11 E-Tec and a '12 Pro, and the Doo doesn't put the heat on the Pro. It has more HP, but the Pro chassis more than makes up for it in the snow. STOCK Doo versus STOCK Pro, the Pro does better in the deep snow. No bashing, just fact.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Why is it that we've seen quite a few videos show up on you tube this season showing pro's whooping up on cats and doos? You would think that some of these guys that are so convinced the cat and doo is superior in all conditions would be able to shoot a conclusive video in order to put the argument to rest. The only doos and cats I've seen perform reasonably well all have cracker-azz riders in the 150 to 170lb. range. I'd like to see a full size man (in the 200lbs. range) post a vid of his doo dominating a pro. Everybody and their dog seems to be wearing Go-Pros.

Well, fredw has been promising such a video showing XP domination for a long time, but nothing yet. I've even asked him about these promises of video and still nothing. He talks the talk, but sure as he!! doesn't walk the walk.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Curious how you know it has more hp ? Dyno ? Or seat of the pants thing ? If its the latter then it may be perception only no ?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
come on down and watch it first hand, i dont have a video of xp/pro going up a hill together, snow has not been the best, but maybe now, but what i have seen, the xps were quicker

their will some other great running doos thier as well

Well, fredw has been promising such a video showing XP domination for a long time, but nothing yet. I've even asked him about these promises of video and still nothing. He talks the talk, but sure as he!! doesn't walk the walk.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
fredw, I and many others who aren't blindly brand loyal have already seen it. I've ridden an etec and can attest to the power it makes. I would imagine it should have a very slight advantage on a straight pull, but we get very few opportunities to test this as we are tree riders. In technical situations, I'll put my money on the Pro every time (rider ability being equal of course). All I've asked of you is to post some of this video proof you speak of. Pretty much every time you post about beating up on Cats & Poos, you say "video to follow". So, put up or shut up.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James

seriously? You would buy a sled based on what you see on youtube? It might be time to get off the computer and spend some time in the hills so you see for yourself how sleds are running these days

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
seriously? You would buy a sled based on what you see on youtube? It might be time to get off the computer and spend some time in the hills so you see for yourself how sleds are running these days

Seriously ? Who said they were buying a sled based on what they saw on Youtube ? Try reading the posts before replying. Thanks for coming out.

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
Seriously ? Who said they were buying a sled based on what they saw on Youtube ? Try reading the posts before replying. Thanks for coming out.

He's looking for proof of which is the best sled based on what is and isn't on you tube. I read the thread. Thank you for showing up

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
He's looking for proof of which is the best sled based on what is and isn't on you tube. I read the thread. Thank you for showing up

Wow !! My IQ is dropping everytime I read one of your posts. I'll ask again. Where does he say he is going to buy a sled based on what he saw on Youtube ? Thanks for coming, but please answer the question and go home !!

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
Wow !! My IQ is dropping everytime I read one of your posts. I'll ask again. Where does he say he is going to buy a sled based on what he saw on Youtube ? Thanks for coming, but please answer the question and go home !!

Leave it to an Albertan in a mountain sled thread to linger on the useless details.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Leave it to an Albertan in a mountain sled thread to linger on the useless details.

I'm speechless !! You can't answer a simple question, so instead you try to divert attention from your original stupid comment. Laughable at best. By the way, what does me being an Albertan have to do with anything ? I live in the foothills and ride an average of 1500 miles a year in B.C. every winter. Never mind the fact that I lived in B.C. for over ten years before moving to Alberta, the Yukon, then back to Alberta. Sorry, but the only "useless details" are in your original post.

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
I'm speechless !! You can't answer a simple question, so instead you try to divert attention from your original stupid comment. Laughable at best. By the way, what does me being an Albertan have to do with anything ? I live in the foothills and ride an average of 1500 miles a year in B.C. every winter. Never mind the fact that I lived in B.C. for over ten years before moving to Alberta, the Yukon, then back to Alberta. Sorry, but the only "useless details" are in your original post.

quit tying up this thread with your useless jibber jabber. I'm done with you

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
LMFAO !!! Another mental midget. Starts an argument with no ammo and no idea how to finish it in an intelligent manner. Once again, thanks for coming ! Now go away !!!

How did I know you wouldn't be capable of letting something go. You're useless. This thread was going half decent until some guy implied that certain facts couldn't be true because he didn't see it on youtube. I tried to bring attention to that fact until your pea brain narrowed in on an insignificant piece of that post. That's all I was saying, and that's all I'm saying now. Now if you feel better having tried to bash someone unsuccesfully, please let the thread get back on track, and let people who actually ride the mountains and see/ride these sleds talk about their ACTUAL experience, not what they saw while sitting their *** in their computer chair.

Premium Features