• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riser Question?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I put the Polaris 5.25 riser on my 07D7 that is now stock on some RMK's. There isn't enough slack to go over 6" without extending your cables. A little advice if you want it; Your current cables are ran through the factory riser. If you don't want to disconnect all your cables and brake line, and don't plan on re-using your riser, just cut the cross member out and remove. Install the new riser with the cables routed in front...fast, easy, and plenty of free play.

B
Jun 22, 2009
Brake Line Disconnect

Do you have to do anything special when you disconnect/reconnect the brake line, or for that matter any of the lines that run through the stock riser?

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Any info on this?:confused:

Once you disconnect the brake line you will need to bleed the system. This is best done with a Mighty Vac (available at most auto parts stores or Sears) but not entirely necessary. Really speeds up the process though. What happens is air will enter the system and cause loss of braking performance. You will also loose all feel at the lever as it will become very spongy.

C
Dec 1, 2007
I have mountain machines 6" riser on my 07 d7, works great, just had to cut a couple tie wraps, no extensions needed on mine.

N

NewfieBullet1973

Dec 20, 2007
Just alittle advice if you want to go with a riser higher then your stock cables can handle - get a new longer one piece throttle cable instead of the cable extensions - they don't work that well (they seem stiffer).

Premium Features