• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Making a Pro last and ride correctly...

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
I know what your initial thought is. WTF he is in the wrong section... No i am just here to make an observation. Ski doo comes out with T-motion, everyone that doesn't ride a ski doo calls it stupid and unneeded. then a company makes Pro-motion for the Polaris and it is great! S-36 front end is too narrow and it sucks. Now everyone rocks a 36" front end on their Pro. Then to top it all they have to use our oil caps because the Polaris one is not vented and causing low oil usage and blowing up.. I am not brand loyal by any means, I will always ride the chassis I enjoy the most and lasts the longest. EVERY Pro EXCEPT one that we ride with which is 10 now I have towed out of the mountains with either an engine failure or belt drive failure...

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
Yup, T-motion was just a gimmick to every other manufacturer but now all of the aftermarket suspension companies are sporting T-motion like rotation and narrow A-arm parts........Go figure.

Just suck it up for this year and buy Doo next year, do not want to buy 1st year motor from Poo. I switched last year

C
Dec 24, 2014
I haven't had to Doo anything to make my last two Pro's work perfectly as delivered. Last year my Pro towed out a '14 M8000 and one day the M8000 had to give up gas to get the e-tech out. Depends on your perspective I guess. I still think t-motion/flex edge and pro-motion are exactly the opposite of what I want my track doing under my sled. I still think it is stupid. My stock width Pro goes everywhere I want it to, in fact I have no desire to mod it at all.

I do not see a page full of blown motors or belts over on the Poo side. You might find that those days are gone. Your experience is just that, I wont argue against it. My experience is different and, I hate the way those XM's handle.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I do not see a page full of blown motors or belts over on the Poo side. You might find that those days are gone.

Have you been living under a rock?

Try the search function and report back as to your findings on Poo blown motors and Poo blown QD belts.

C
Dec 24, 2014
i tried that search about blown motors, and my computer locked up from be overloaded with 3year old information.

There, fixed it for you.

Since I just bought a new '14 I DID do a search looking for blown '14QD belts mostly because I think the 100 mile break-in is stupid. I can't find anybody that wasn't on a turbo that has reported a blown '14+ QD belt. Most guys skipped the second half of that break in, still can't find the blown ones.

Maybe you should go back and do a search about ski doo rotax engines needing annual rebuilds. My buddies XP is on its third motor, his e-tech its second. Then factor in the chassis with the most gimmicks, that still do make it work and the allure of a doo is completely lost on me.

Only one that has been under the rock dude... is you

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Our ski doo dealer had 3 blowen up 13-14 doo. There shop 2013, a 2013 and 2014 customers. And they only sold 31 sleds over the two years. Well have the 15 demo out and that is buy far the worst sled on fuel. Can't believe how bad it is.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
you do everything, dont you mr. one-upper.

WTF if you struggle with facts that your issue...A thread just got started titled "T Motion" where the guy broke 2 T Motions in the same season. LoL

If you ride a lot this is what I witness first hand not what I read on the Internet. I owned a 2014 XM last year and found no benefit for me to have T-Motion the next guy might be different.

DPM

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
I don't know how skidoo guys find time to poke at other brands between fixing S and E modules.

same amount of time it takes to glue sled back together. if you hit something, you have to fix it :noidea:

F
Oct 4, 2008
Yup...all sleds break when you hit stuff. Every sled shop from any manufacturer I have ever been in has had a sled that needs motor repair of some kind. You guys argue about it while I go ride my gimmicky, ticking time bomb, gas guzzling, poorly designed XM with a stupid crazy grin on my face the whole time...until the sled breaks. Then I'll fix it and ride some more.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Can I run Doo full synthetic in my Poo? What can would be best with that?

Great thread.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Always war

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2012
Utah
I know what your initial thought is. WTF he is in the wrong section... No i am just here to make an observation. Ski doo comes out with T-motion, everyone that doesn't ride a ski doo calls it stupid and unneeded. then a company makes Pro-motion for the Polaris and it is great! S-36 front end is too narrow and it sucks. Now everyone rocks a 36" front end on their Pro. Then to top it all they have to use our oil caps because the Polaris one is not vented and causing low oil usage and blowing up.. I am not brand loyal by any means, I will always ride the chassis I enjoy the most and lasts the longest. EVERY Pro EXCEPT one that we ride with which is 10 now I have towed out of the mountains with either an engine failure or belt drive failure...

I didn't think you were in the wrong section...I think your right where you belong!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Your right and I'm a liar.
There are no Polaris engine failures or QD failures unless they were on a turbo.
This is according to your snowest search so your search is thorough, worded correctly and it's gospel and none of the above ever happened.

Yea, sure buddy.

Last edited:
Premium Features