• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ALUMA INLINE ENCLOSED TRAILER OWNERS. BEWARE

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I own a 2013 24'+5' V-nose x 7' Aluma inline trailer. I brought it to the dealer to have the man door handle that opens the door to be replaced and I was not happy with the plastic ski runners on the the two ramp doors. At the dealership one of their employees with clip board in hand and myself walked up to the trailer so I could show him my concerns, first with the plastic runners. As I opened the front ramp door he yelled at me... STOP! I know what's wrong! I said what do you mean I haven't even showed you yet. He said no I can tell by the sound from the hinges that they could break at anytime and the door could fall off and he has seen this happen. I said WHAAAT! I said, you mean to tell me I could have been 1200 miles from home and my door could have fallen off?
He said yes sir. What the hell does a guy do then? Anyway they welded all new hinges on both the front and rear ramp doors. If you have this type of trailer I would check into it.:light:
picture.php

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Perhaps this thread should be pinned to stay on front page so everyone gets a chance to see it.

After all, a 3 balled sasquatch is more common than problems with an Aluma trailer.

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
I own a 2013 24'+5' V-nose x 7' Aluma inline trailer. I brought it to the dealer to have the man door handle that opens the door to be replaced and I was not happy with the plastic ski runners on the the two ramp doors. At the dealership one of their employees with clip board in hand and myself walked up to the trailer so I could show him my concerns, first with the plastic runners. As I opened the front ramp door he yelled at me... STOP! I know what's wrong! I said what do you mean I haven't even showed you yet. He said no I can tell by the sound from the hinges that they could break at anytime and the door could fall off and he has seen this happen. I said WHAAAT! I said, you mean to tell me I could have been 1200 miles from home and my door could have fallen off?
He said yes sir. What the hell does a guy do then? Anyway they welded all new hinges on both the front and rear ramp doors. If you have this type of trailer I would check into it.:light:
picture.php

Awesome pic!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Perhaps this thread should be pinned to stay on front page so everyone gets a chance to see it.

After all, a 3 balled sasquatch is more common than problems with an Aluma trailer.
I thought I saw something move in the back forty the other night.:face-icon-small-dis
Anyway you couldn't be more wrong. This thread was about the second time I brought the trailer back. The first time the plastic runners had to be refasten down. The tongue coupler had to be replaced, and all the inside wood sheeting was warped and looked like ruffles potato chips. The factory sent out all new sheeting but the dealer refused to use it claiming that it was worse than what is in the trailer. He went to the local lumber yard and got what he wanted to put in. The original thread was a warning to people who have this trailer. Not to those who don't. The following pictures are after the trailer came back for the second time. The plastic runners, the new coupler and the new hinges. They would not have welded new hinges on if there was not a problem.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Premium Features