• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is the most weight I should pull with my tahoe

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
Make sure it has the tranny cooler. If not GM has a kit to install oem one. I would also use full equalizer hitch and air bags. At least c rated tires. Get rid of the p rated tires.

Already have bags, equalizer hitch and I'm going with the Toyo Observe winter tires on the rig for extra grip. I took the trailer out yesterday with the sleds in it for the first time and was very surprised how well the Tahoe pulled up some steep grades in some windy conditions. The P2 is a blessing I love that controller! Wish I had the new 6 speed but the 4 will do for now. Looking at getting some snow tires for the trailer now.

J

JDUB39

Dec 4, 2012
Broomfield, CO
Bringing back an old topic

Quick question: What style hitch do you use to pull with?

Weight distribution?
Anti-sway?
Both?

We were discussing this the other evening and had some safety concerns with the anti-sway feature "locking" in a position on ice and it hindering your over all control in adverse conditions...

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
Quick question: What style hitch do you use to pull with?

Weight distribution?
Anti-sway?
Both?

We were discussing this the other evening and had some safety concerns with the anti-sway feature "locking" in a position on ice and it hindering your over all control in adverse conditions...

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

I run both, I wouldn't even consider towing without them for my size trailer. I've driven in some pretty bad snow conditions and never had a issue. But I run snow tires on my rig as well as trailer.

Premium Features