• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Push Turbos PG turbo $2995

M
Nov 26, 2007
Holy crap that is a good price, are they any good?

I am not sure, but at that price it will not take long for alot of people to buy them. Then we will know. It is about time there is a great price turbo kit.

If you look at the distributors, they got some good dealers selling/installing them....Mountain Magic/Dakota Performance/etc that should mean something.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
i would guess at that price it is a garrett knock off. but it may be fine who knows. definetely about time a reasonably priced turbo kit comes along!

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
Its an overseas Journal Bearing turbo and runs 9-18psi oil pressure with a high output pump from what im told. It is similar to the mitsu 16g turbo

Last edited:
H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
The price of this kit is very very appealing to the consumer, however i have some concerns and it seems clear why its so cheap, my thoughts/questions in blue

Kit includes:
•G-28 V band internal waste gate turbo, with 8 psi actuator •2.5" polished stainless steel exhaust with quiet stainless muffler
thats a cheaper knock off turbo, not a garrett. however, this is where i wont agree with most, the cheap knock off turbo will be just fine, the garrett is a bit overkill. I assume the actuator is not adjustable? running 8lbs of pump at lower elevations will surly make the top end go boom, not sure i agree with the smaller 2.5 exhaust as the waste gate flow will not flow so easy, not a huge deal, but not optimal. the stainless looks great, but it wont look like that after it gets hot:face-icon-small-win
•PUSH TURBO TUNED EFI controller with 4 injector connectors
Whats the base controller?
•BDX adjustable blow off valve
•Equal distribution and high flow air box
equal distribution? so 10psi in a 2" tube flowing two separate intakes is not equal? i understand where this point is derived from, and it wont allpy in a sled application, flow is far to minimal to matter
•BDX in tank 1-1 rising rate fuel pressure regulator with new spring rate
what about the stock fuel pump itself, the other kits that cost more come with a high volume fuel pump that wont crap out like the stock one will
•New light weight oil system with the industries first liquid cooled oil tank and turbo
i see some square bar used as a oil tank, sure hope she still sees some oil inlet while the sled is on its lid. can someone explain how the oil is cooled or why it would matter
•New billet light weight air filter with Outerwears pre-filter
•New billet gauge holder that mounts on bars includes:
• Oil Pressure Gauge
• Fuel Pressure Gauge
• Boost Pressure Gauge
Where is the A/F or EGT??......surely you dont think its ok to not run without either??
•Plug and play electronics and components, no wire splicing or tapping
•Kit comes 80% preassembled
•1 year warranty against manufacturer defects

Other parts to make any turbo kit functional:
- clutching spring/weights/cam
- vents on the dash
- A/F or EGTs

Last edited:
M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Good points hatchers. The fuel pump is definitely a big one. Does the kit include the CCU for DC power to run the electronics? If not, and considering all the extras needed, whoever buys this kit is still looking at well over $4000. And if they don't or can't install it them selves, well over $5000 I think.

compound 1300

Premium Member
Mar 15, 2010
zortman montana
Well said Hatchers,these are very good points. Hopefully consumers will research before buying and avoid being dissapointed in a turbo kit. Just what is the Push Turbo tuned EFI controler? What is the base controler, and how do you tune a turbo sled without a A/F or EGT guage? thats wright you can't.

Last edited:

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Kits

I think OVS is the only one that send every thing in the kit and I mean vents O2 and even gauge holder that's good and bad at the same time. What I mean is that some time you already have some of the items.

Yes it does not come with clutching or EGT so add 600.

It does come with a BDX fuel Pressure Reg and gauge
If you are put it on a 09-2011 it will need a 200 regulator .

So lets say its 3800 with every thing for a 2010 M8. still a good price.

The 09 and new are getting the new dolbeck box that will minus fuel and the older get the old box. For some reason the new box only works on the new sleds.

I think that he is putting a 4 to 8lb actuator on them.

I am working on a tunnel dump option also.

If you have any questions give me a call I have ran this turbo and love it. Also if you notice Ken no long has his Cell phone # on the site That is because he wants you to buy and call the dealers for support I have wanted a the turbo makers to do this for a long time. That way they can stay focused on production and dealer support.

Last edited:

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
interested to hear feedback from people that purchase these not the dealer network who is trying to sell them

I looked at lots of kits at haydays this year and the fit and finish of these PUSH kits were VERY nice. Fit and Finish does not make a runner but I think it says they are serious about quality kit.

See lots of comments about A/F sensor --- If you have owned a turbo before have you found it a necessity? I like to tune by the plugs and wash and them use EGT for consistency monitoring and find it satisfactory

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I had a look at the site and in my opinion the cheap kit sounds cheap, I see nothing but red flags going up. The next kit up the ladder was $4675 and it sounds much better. You get what you pay for. That knock off turbo in the cheap kit just sends shivers up my spine.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
interested to hear feedback from people that purchase these not the dealer network who is trying to sell them

I looked at lots of kits at haydays this year and the fit and finish of these PUSH kits were VERY nice. Fit and Finish does not make a runner but I think it says they are serious about quality kit.

See lots of comments about A/F sensor --- If you have owned a turbo before have you found it a necessity? I like to tune by the plugs and wash and them use EGT for consistency monitoring and find it satisfactory

You can't tune a turbo by piston wash an plug color. You need an air fuel gauge. There is a fine line between an awesome running turbo 2stroke and a burned down one. At wide open 12.5 on the a/f AOK 13.5 you are asking for trouble

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
I just got home from Dakota Performance and checked out the sled from Pushes website as it is Jeffs, I checked it over really well and for a cheap kit it does look great but who knows how it will run, Yamaha is offering this same turbo kit but for there nitro I believe and it does not void warranty, the turbo in this kit maybe a cheaper one than the Garrett but Yamaha would not warranty a sled with a crappy turbo on it. Anyway I figured someone has to be a guinea pig so I ordered one up, every kit out there started somewhere all I can say is the proof is in the pudding not on paper. Ill keep you guys posted and maybe some of us can meet up over the winter and you could see how it runs..

Last edited:
Premium Features