• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jackshaft bearing replacement

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Pulled off my clutch side panel and noticed aluminum shards on the base of it. After further investgating I noticed the secondary bushing had came out of the clutch and was wearing on my jackshaft bearing. I now need to replace both the bearing and the bushing. My question is and Im sure I know the answer but is the clutch side upper jackshaft bearing pressed on or can I just undo the two bolts holding it in place and remove/replace? Any thoughts on why this may have happened would also be greatly apprieciated.
Thanks!

M
Mar 29, 2008
think you have to pull the chain case apart. for what ever reason I was getting mine ready for a 3 inch and I had the jackshaft out. I think it is pressed on there. not positive tho

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
You have to take the chaincase apart and remove the jackshaft from the clutch side, the bearing is a press fit, I replaced mine this fall.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Figured as much:face-icon-small-dis Thanks for the replies guys. Any idea how a pressed bushing could work itself out of the back of the clutch?

Premium Features