For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2018, 10:26 PM
Currently: Not set.
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exhaust/Power valves

Hey guys, does anybody have any experience with them exhaust valves and when they don't work what happens? I have tried searching and haven't come up with much. does the sled ever cut out/fall on its face after starting a pull? I had that happen a few times. I stumbled across this video, exact sound at 3:56 https://youtu.be/C6U2KPGbmpA?t=3m50s same as the sound my sled made last ride however it still pulled rpm ~8k or so, probably due to the turbo helping it. I also noticed my air fuel fluctuated oddly between 12:1-15 ish really fast while the bog/stutter happened.

I have checked my valves and the diaphragm and the ports, all is clean and no blockages/ issues I can see.

any way to test the solenoid that controls the valves? when the sled is off should the solenoid be closed off or open? Do they stick? I read on the older 900cfi sled some guys were drilling out that small hole under the diaphragm. (although mines not plugged but while im at it?)

Thanks!

Last edited by Octanee; 03-07-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-08-2018, 10:26 AM
Currently: Waiting for my Polaris 850!
AKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they can cause it but I had more issues on my EGT sensor with the boosted Pro.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKFULLTHROTTLE View Post
Yes they can cause it but I had more issues on my EGT sensor with the boosted Pro.
What were your symptoms with the egt? I had swapped mine a few weeks ago with my spare sled but you never know....

Old 03-08-2018, 04:46 PM
Basic Member
tmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond reputetmberro has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't watch the link you posted, but I did just have power valve issues.

2016 Turboed 800 - ~8psi boost.

My sled went from pulling 8450 to ~8000 instantly. Ended up being a broken cable for the power valves.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:11 PM
AKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanee View Post
What were your symptoms with the egt? I had swapped mine a few weeks ago with my spare sled but you never know....
Well mine would bog off an on. The other issue I always had with the Pro was the reeds which were the same symptoms. Bogs a lot, falling on its face.

Not that you dont have a EV issue but i never had any on my boosted pro.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Well mine would bog off an on. The other issue I always had with the Pro was the reeds which were the same symptoms. Bogs a lot, falling on its face.

Not that you dont have a EV issue but i never had any on my boosted pro.
Good info. Did your exhaust sensor ever throw a code? I will re-swap my exhaust sensors for the heck of it. Reeds wise I don't have much first hand experience yet. The sled starts great every time, last ride it would Rev up just fine and no backfires nor any bogs per say, it rev'd up and wound out then fell on its face once or twice then after that it did that weird stutter like in the video, I could also boost it in and out of the throttle down the trail and it was ok doing that, wide open was acting up. They are also new and it's been mostly trail miles, sled hasn't wanted to run for me all winter so I haven't had much of a winter lol but that doesn't mean the reeds are still good.

Old 03-09-2018, 10:05 AM

I went through reeds about 400-700 miles on the Pro. Mine never through a code but was stored in there only viewable with a digital wrench.

Also make sure you gap your plugs to a .018. To large of a gap will cause the spark to be blow out and cause a pop/cut out.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I went through reeds about 400-700 miles on the Pro. Mine never through a code but was stored in there only viewable with a digital wrench.

Also make sure you gap your plugs to a .018. To large of a gap will cause the spark to be blow out and cause a pop/cut out.

Good info, I'll swap my exhaust sensor for this weekend, clean the power valves anyways, verify the solenoid is not bleeding air, put new plugs in again, I have them gapped to 20 though, ran great all this time otherwise but you never know. New fuel filter again just because lol, I think ill check my turbo injectors again since it's not a big deal. Going to verify my vacuum lines off the carbs are fine, (boost gauge was reading just fine). And hope between all that, that it will run good.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:52 PM

Just did a bench run with the sled, here's what, it's doing now. I got it on video. Did everything I said I would do, no Change. Exhaust valves are clean as can be and move freely.

https://youtu.be/5s1ixXSMRHU

Old 03-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Old 03-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 03-12-2018, 09:47 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2018, 04:11 PM
ez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to ez-ryder For This Useful Post:
Octanee (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 05:24 PM

Click Here to Register