For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Currently: Not set.
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute
Default O2 installation location for turbo?

Hey guys, just wondering where most kits put their o2 sensors and how long do you guys get out of a sensor? Ive been having bad luck, one sensor lasted 15 km down the trail, and the others have been similar. and I'm thinking where the location on my kit has it, is wrong. It's in the elbow out of the turbo going straight down. Probably being blasted by moisture and water on warm up. Also it sticks in the pipe a good bit, perhaps that's partial issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171116_201838.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	293615  

Last edited by Octanee; 02-26-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-26-2018, 02:04 PM
Currently: Waiting for my Polaris 850!
AKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond repute

Well that is the general location for the AFR sensor. Mine really had no issues when I ran them but a cheaper sensor can go bad. Not sure what your fuel mixture is but running straight av will shorten the life on them as well.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:05 PM
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKFULLTHROTTLE View Post
Well that is the general location for the AFR sensor. Mine really had no issues when I ran them but a cheaper sensor can go bad. Not sure what your fuel mixture is but running straight av will shorten the life on them as well.

Yeah I know av gas will and the burned oil, you'd expect to get still a good few hundred km, I my self run 75% pump and a tad mix of av gas, I'm not sure what the heck is going on for me, 3 sensors, my first sensor I ran for a good 1000 km and became lazy, 2nd one I thought was reading funny, after 3 rides, put in my newest one, 2nd last ride, it lasted 15 km then wanted to read lean under lighter throttle but when boost came in it read ok. my last ride it read either super lean 18:1+ or super rich 10:1, weird thing was at idle it read OK, under boost or was super lazy, took about 3 seconds before it came down to the a/f. Mean while the sleds not running odd or lean like, no back fires, boost is good (haven't touched my box or settings) leads me to believe something funky is going on! Maybe 2 bad sensors? I called aem, he said well it sounds like your sensors working... And the gauge must be too... But said my location probably is the issue. I'm thinking for the hell of it to movie it to straight up and before the bend, also raise it up so it doesn't protrude as much, just enough for the sensor holes.

Last edited by Octanee; 02-26-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:58 PM
Currently: Waiting for winter
Thanked 2,101 Times in 763 Posts
TRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanee View Post
Yeah I know av gas will and the burned oil, you'd expect to get still a good few hundred km, I my self run 75% pump and a tad mix of av gas, I'm not sure what the heck is going on for me, 3 sensors, my first sensor I ran for a good 1000 km and became lazy, 2nd one I thought was reading funny, after 3 rides, put in my newest one, 2nd last ride, it lasted 15 km then wanted to read lean under lighter throttle but when boost came in it read ok. my last ride it read either super lean 18:1+ or super rich 10:1, weird thing was at idle it read OK, under boost or was super lazy, took about 3 seconds before it came down to the a/f. Mean while the sleds not running odd or lean like, no back fires, boost is good (haven't touched my box or settings) leads me to believe something funky is going on! Maybe 2 bad sensors? I called aem, he said well it shoulda like your sensors working... And the gauge must be too... But said my location probably is the issue. I'm thinking for the hell of it to movie it to straight up and before the bend, also raise it up so it doesn't protrude as much, just enough for the sensor holes.
Did you test calibrate it.

Last edited by TRS; 02-26-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS View Post
Did you calibrate it.

According to aem's site and listing for the gauge, the 30-4110 does not require any "free air" calibration

Old 02-26-2018, 09:18 PM
sledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond repute

Use a bung extender. I cut them down so the tip is flush with the inner pipe wall. How much boost are you running?

Old 02-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Currently: Waiting for winter
Thanked 2,101 Times in 763 Posts
TRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanee View Post
According to aem's site and listing for the gauge, the 30-4110 does not require any "free air" calibration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onbjzEOZtMs&sns=em

Old 02-27-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead9825 View Post
Use a bung extender. I cut them down so the tip is flush with the inner pipe wall. How much boost are you running?
I was thinking of doing that. Thinking now to install new bung that's provided with the kit, install it vertical right after the turbo and try and make it protrude as little as possible, it should get very little moisture on it that way, I know right now in the elbow it gets blasted with water droplets when the sleds cold and I'd take a good guess that, that's what's killing the sensors now. Surprised my first sensor however lasted a good while.

I also run 5-8# boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS View Post
Thanks for the link! I'm going to test that tomorrow. I have my 2nd last o2 sensor still so I'll compare between the 2 knowing that it at least read when in boost. Vs the newest one just being a funky.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:12 AM
ez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond repute

" read either super lean 18:1+ or super rich 10:1"

You may already know this but thought I would add.
The above statement you posted is usually evident of being too far on the rich side to get an accurate reading.

Boondocker kits have them there too.
I have used a few in 1500 miles.
For me they start reading leaner than it actually is.

The Vipec guru says it has to be in the middle of the pipe.
So hmm apparently everyone has been doing it wrong.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:10 AM
sledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-27-2018, 08:48 AM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 02-27-2018, 04:20 PM
ez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond reputeez-ryder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-27-2018, 11:04 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-02-2018, 08:21 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-04-2018, 05:40 PM

Click Here to Register