• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which is the lesser of two evils?

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
I've done a search but I think I'm more confused now then when I started. :face-icon-small-con Regular w/ethanol or premium? My 09 M8 is designed for regular but ethanol is bad and I will lose performance with premium but there is no ethanol. As the title says, which is the lesser of two evils?

Thanks,
Alex

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I would use the non ethanol 91, but that's just me. Those sleds get run with 87 10% ethanol all the time out here in the midwest at LOW elevation without problems.

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
I've run both through it (mostly regular tho) and didn't really notice any difference. Its long term affects with either that Im truely concerned about.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I agree ethanol sucks and avoid running it in most of my toys but prior to modding my sled I ran 87 w/ethanol exclusively in my 08 M1K and never had any issues with it. I would stick with the lower octane and the lower price.

DTR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2008
ND
www.DTRND.com
I've done a search but I think I'm more confused now then when I started. :face-icon-small-con Regular w/ethanol or premium? My 09 M8 is designed for regular but ethanol is bad and I will lose performance with premium but there is no ethanol. As the title says, which is the lesser of two evils?

Thanks,
Alex

With excwption to the 2010+ 800 HO, and the race sled, ALL Arctics are tuned with 87 +10% Ethanol from the factory. Non-Eth fuel is hard to get in MN, especially up North, so the map is designed around 87E10.

DTR

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
So really the only worry with ethanol is its affinity to water. Just dont let the fuel sit for any length of time and by keeping the tank full will maybe lessen the posibility of moisture build up in the tank and therefore less moisture in the fuel? Am I correct on this?

Premium Features