• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m10 skid

I
Nov 26, 2007
Talk to Curt at Fastrax, he can get you set up with the springs you need for the amount of ski lift you want

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Ski lift

I have the same problem with my m-10 only I dont see it as a problem when I'm climbing a steep run and my skiis stay planted like they are supposed to. Try loosening your front limiter straps then move your rear shock forward more with the adjustment blocks, the m-10 is designed for keeping the skiis on the ground. If you dont like it, sell it im sure you'd have no trouble.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
ran some M10's and had the same problem, ended up selling em! Couldnt get em to work. WOULD NOT lift the ski's!!! If all you did was go up vertical hills all day long then yeah they work great but everything else sucks IMO.

xtrememotorworks

Powersports Performance!
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Wa
www.xmrinc.com
Thats the best and worst part about the M10, I would give Curt at Fastraxs a call and have him set it up for you. I myself like to have a little more control of Ski lift and like to run Ezryde, but it really is all about what you like.

I

I Dare Ya Rene!

Dec 25, 2007
www.eaglevalleylodge.com
Bought a jack from Trevor Cox at Mac's Machine and I can lift skis anytime with a 20 second adjustment. 250-836-3648

Also got front shocks from him, they are an airbag style with lots of volume, work very well at 90 PSI

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Bought a jack from Trevor Cox at Mac's Machine and I can lift skis anytime with a 20 second adjustment. 250-836-3648

Also got front shocks from him, they are an airbag style with lots of volume, work very well at 90 PSI

Whats the cost and is this 20 second adjustment any different than the 5 minute one by using the adjustment bolts.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
You want more ski lift, trim your rear transfer block and 1/8 inch and see the difference, it thats not enough trim some more.. they are easy fix if you go too far.. fast sells some blocks to play with if you mess them up..
Curt- fastrax told me thats what he does.

Jim

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I tried trimming the blocks down, adjusting it in every way possible.

Talked to curt, zollingers, CMX, FAST, CR, and vanamburg (which is who installed it in one of his tunnels) And all gave me the same mounting points!

It was an M10 W2 but had the live rear axle. I have seen some sleds with em some without. I had about 3 grand in it before I finally gave it away for 1000 and have never looked back!

I will say that it rode really well though!

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
The front of my rail tips scrubbed right down to the metal on mine now I have to run limiters so tight it handles terrible.Suspension was from cr racing couldnt get any help or suggestions from anyone.Not to mention the rails bent about a foot from the back where the logo was cut out. Worst purchase I ever made.And it wasnt cheap.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
polaris, any idea where you are at with the mount point now in relation to the driveshaft? Above/below center........

Thanks

Kirk

A
Oct 16, 2009
Not sure if this will help you guys or not but the numbers that mark at cmx gave me are 7 and 1/2 back from drive shaft and 5/8 above center, that is for front tourqe arm. 25 inches between front and rear arms, rear arm even with drive shaft up and down. this is for an old metric with tison billet arms mounted with a cmx belt drive. I also cut 1/4 inch off the blocks,transfer problems are gone now,btw this is on a skidoo sled also.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Macs Machine Mounting

Pic as requested

IMG_4889.JPG

Here's the brackets Macs Machine uses for the Apex's with a drop and roll, gets the front mounting below the footwell without making a mess of the tunnel. They have two mounting holes for the front cross-shaft, one a little lower if you like a little more ski lift. My track was stretched so he added a set of holes to move the skid back, works very well, awesome ride. Highly recommend having Trevor install.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Longer blocks for faster coupling, and pic of Macs Machine external drop brackets.

IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

:beer;

R

richyrich

Nov 26, 2007
Mt Baker
Mounting of the M-10 is most important. Find a good installer, one who has a proven track record for top chassis builts and have them do it. It will save you alot of headache, time and money.

You got three in Canada I would use. Trevor at Macs Machine, Chad at Cr Racing or the Alpine boys.

Good luck

Premium Features