• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

One year ago.

H
Dec 12, 2009
Having an opinion that contradicts that of all the sheep waiting to buy this FAIL isn't going to win you a popularity contest, just go on with your life and buy the sled you like.

The fact they aren't pushing weight savings as a major feature of the sled means they aren't anywhere near the top, couple that with a downright anemic turbo fourstroke and you have a great trail sled.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Anyone know the actual crate weight on a PRO. They sure feel light, but I would like to see a real weight comparison. I will not be getting a PRO after riding one although it is a really good sled I don't trust the motor, there are a few things I don't like about it but there are a few things I don't like about the cats too so it will all come down to a demo ride on weather I keep the old or get the new 8 and turbo it.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Arcti cat has a history of building strong *** sleds then lightening them as the years pass. unlike everyone else who lightens up the chasses for production them makes us beef them up. I have been through 4 sets of a-arms and 3 sets of rails all self inflicted but not once have i had to replace a bulkhead or tunnel..

You guys are all bitching about 10-20 pounds of weight difference. Im 130 pounds i will get on either and probably beat 90% of riders out there...

Careful what you eat for lunch you might makeup the difference between your pro and the new cat....

Ride the thing that polaris gets out of the snow with a 220 pound rider just as well as with me 130 pound. Its about ergos and how it puts its power to the ground attack angle ect ect ect.....

Quit bitching and dont judge till you ride it!! Weight has so luttle to do with it when they are all this close...

-Aksnopro

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
You guys are all bitching about 10-20 pounds of weight difference. Im 130 pounds i will get on either and probably beat 90% of riders out there...

Careful what you eat for lunch you might makeup the difference between your pro and the new cat....

Quit bitching and dont judge till you ride it!! Weight has so luttle to do with it when they are all this close...-Aksnopro

130 LBS? I THINK YOU NEED TO START ADDING SOME MORE LUNCHES TO YOUR DAY! And to say you can beat 90 % of the riders out there? Come on, bragging is for pussies
WEIGHT HAS EVERYTHING TO WITH IT?

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Really elvis??? You missed my point i wasnt bragging i was saying that if you put a 20 pound weight on a pro you wouldnt here everyone saying it sucks things heavy as hell.. Thats cause the chassis is designed to jump out of the snow its attack angle, track, clutching all way more important then 20 pounds....

Sorry if all you got out of that post was me saying id beat 90% of you. i wasnt refereing to skill but more how weight when there all this close in weight has little to do with how it will perform.

Peace.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Really elvis??? You missed my point i wasnt bragging i was saying that if you put a 20 pound weight on a pro you wouldnt here everyone saying it sucks things heavy as hell.. Thats cause the chassis is designed to jump out of the snow its attack angle, track, clutching all way more important then 20 pounds....

Sorry if all you got out of that post was me saying id beat 90% of you. i wasnt refereing to skill but more how weight when there all this close in weight has little to do with how it will perform.

Peace.

The pro does its work because of weight and geometry, not attack angle (its the steepest on the market and they put longer rails under the track that lay down more square inches than any other skid, a 155 Pro puts down almost as much track as a AC 162. The clutching is nothing special either, in fact I think it needs clutch more than any other sled out there. IMO the track would get change to a PC anyway. Weight is a huge factor. BTW at 6'6" and 220lbs the lowest I can go would be 200lbs. I make it up with skill.

S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
Im not going to waste time fighting with people that dont like what I wrote.
What I was pointing out is that the new 2012 cat M sled is built like a snow cross sled and I feel like that wont make for a fun rideable snowmobile in the mountains. I hope Im wrong about the way the new cat is put together But like I wrote before, I bet it will feel like a ski doo and a IQR turned into one sled. If you dont think im right please feel free to tell us what you think and why.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Im not going to waste time fighting with people that dont like what I wrote.
What I was pointing out is that the new 2012 cat M sled is built like a snow cross sled and I feel like that wont make for a fun rideable snowmobile in the mountains. I hope Im wrong about the way the new cat is put together But like I wrote before, I bet it will feel like a ski doo and a IQR turned into one sled. If you dont think im right please feel free to tell us what you think and why.

I'm going to give one a test ride before I have a opinion on it....you are just guessing.
Do you have some sort of degree to be able to look at a machine on the internet to be able to come up with these wild ideas and how much are you willing to bet?

S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
Arctic Cat is swinging for the fences with its lineup of 2012 snowmobiles. Leading the charge are the new ProCross and ProClimb chassis' which are roughly based on the proven Sno Pro race sled.

Race-bred and proven--that's the overriding mantra for the 2012 breed of Arctic Cats. Using the 2008 Sno Pro race sled as a baseline for R&D, the 2012 sleds have a familiar look with some significant changes compared to the racer.

And now I know I wont buy a new 2012 cat.
Cat just went backwards 4 years. If the sled was going to be based on there race sled why didnt they release them 4 years ago But whatever. I will ride my M1000s and maybe get a Pro RMK or a M8 next year.

F
Dec 30, 2010
anyone who has spent a good amount of time lookin at the new cats know they are not simply just a trail sled with a long track!! I think these things will deffinately step up the game for the snowmobile factories

S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
I'm going to give one a test ride before I have a opinion on it....you are just guessing.
Do you have some sort of degree to be able to look at a machine on the internet to be able to come up with these wild ideas and how much are you willing to bet?

I would bet a tank of gas :) I have had too many snowmobiles over the years to even remember all of them. I have Raced for POLARIS, I have work for Polaris, Cat, skidoo and Yamaha shops over the last 15 years so I kinda know my way around sleds. I said I hope Im wrong but I dont think I am.

M
Jan 22, 2009
Rock Springs, WY
I think it is ridiculous to think a company as successful as arctic cat is going to build something that isn't as good as the m chasis. Come on people, this is going to be a great sled! I ride a Polaris and love it, but if this sled is better than a pro I would love it more. Brand loyalty is stupid. I want a sled that is the best for me, I don't care who builds it in the end and its you and the mountain right?

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I was in Kremling last night talking to the VOHK guys (who by the way are riding pros now) and they said BE HAPPY YOU HAVE A 10' OR 11' cause your gonna be dissapointed!

Ummm, you kinda answered that one for yourself didn't ya? If Burandt said he hasn't ridden a ProClimb,(totally 33rd hand info) and Brett has only ridden one within the past few months(Again 3rd hand info).......what chance does VOHK have of riding one? Please correct me if I am out of line but it seems VOHK has tailored their business to the business decisions of Burandt. He goes one way, they follow.....or is it the other way around?

And if I am totally offbase, then forgive me. VOHK must have run some new '12 Cat's if they feel that strongly about the Pro. So how do they handle? What are they like? You musta got more info outta them than, "Be happy you have a 10 or 11."

Look forward to hearing their reports on how bad the new Cat's handle. If they really are gonna flop, I want a heads up before i check one. Thanks.

Last edited:
P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
why all the bashing?

Its very simple....the poo boys are extremely jealous, angry and bitter that their beloved 140hp pro is now old news....and their value just tanked by thousands of dollars by the release of the new cats.

Way to go cat these sleds look awesome! The 800 suzuki 2 stroke is proven and reliable power and the 4 stroke turbo will easily be over 200hp with a few simple mods!

Last edited:

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Most guy's on this site have to get a grip and stop being so brand loyal...I rode with a Pro a few times, I like it, but I also like my buddies 06 M7/BB and another friends 09 M8/BB901. I ride a tricked out XP, and would have no problem getting a Pro or Cat. But I am finally getting good (in my mind) at riding my XP and would not change at the moment.

I think most of the big mouths that are so brand loyal should ride there sled more...and stop putting down other Guy's rides. I can say Cat has done it right in the past, so I wouldnt be betting against them, especially the Poo guys and the horrific track record with 800 poo engine. that is the only thing that would make me nervouse about dropping cash on a Pro, so I will give it a couple years.

Last edited:
S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
why all the bashing?

Its very simple....the poo boys are extremely jealous, angry and bitter that their beloved 140hp pro is now old news....and their value just tanked by thousands of dollars by the release of the new cats.

Way to go cat these sleds look awesome! The 800 suzuki 2 stroke is proven and reliable power and the 4 stroke turbo will easily be over 200hp with a few simple mods!

What are you talking about??? This has nothing to do with being jealous (Not at all) or Polaris realy. Its that Cat built a new sled using old race sled desings (2008 race sled) and wants to sell it to you for a lot of money.
Go do whatever you want to do or buy whatever you want to buy. Im just telling you about things I see with this new sled. I can see it! I dont need to ride that sled to know its a bitch to pull up into a side hill going down hill.

D

dun2rider

Nov 23, 2009
Northern Utah
You guys sound like a bunch of bitches! How about nobody has an opinion until you ride the f@&kin thing! I was pretty stoke for the new cats but all this bs is bringing me down.

:face-icon-small-conIf it brings you down then don't read the posts.....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Anyone know the actual crate weight on a PRO. They sure feel light, but I would like to see a real weight comparison. I will not be getting a PRO after riding one although it is a really good sled I don't trust the motor, there are a few things I don't like about it but there are a few things I don't like about the cats too so it will all come down to a demo ride on weather I keep the old or get the new 8 and turbo it.
the crate weight of both the 155 & 163 pro has been posted several times, they both are right at what polaris claims, 431 and 439....

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
All you guys saying that the IQR doesn't work as a mountain sled have probably never even ridden one. Maybe you should try one before you bash it just like your bashing all the new sleds. Who cares how much you hate them stop crying about them and choose a sled and go ride. Say what you want on the forums let's head to the mountains and see who is the best. Numbers don't mean $

Premium Features