• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'15 intermittent bog

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
During warm weather operations we have been witnessing an intermittent bog after a short shut down. When this occurs you hear a very distinct audible hiss from inside the tank. I pulled a pump assembly yesterday and noticed missing oeitiker clamps. I'm wondering if the warm fuel is expanding the fuel line and letting the fuel bypass the FPR. I will install the missing clamps and report back if this is the cause.

image.jpg

Last edited:

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Did you ever get a chance to check this out? I also seem to have the problem

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
You sure there is supposed to be a clamp there. Typically oetiker clamps are not used on thin tubing over barbs like that. Is the side with the clamp the pressure side and the barbed side the return that isn't under pressure?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
You sure there is supposed to be a clamp there. Typically oetiker clamps are not used on thin tubing over barbs like that. Is the side with the clamp the pressure side and the barbed side the return that isn't under pressure?

Pressure side is missing the clamps. The PII diagram has a clamp on the pressure side of the valve. The tubing is a formed piece. We are still sorting this out. Not sure if this is the culprit or another component in the assembly.

Last edited:
A
Jan 26, 2014
Be interested on what you find out to, had this exact problem last week when I was in the mountains. It was above or at zero everyday to. Glad to know I wasn't going crazy when I was hearing that sound :face-icon-small-hap

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Two days of riding and the problem has not surfaced again. Temps were much cooler this weekend though. Clamps??? Will keep thread updated if it surfaces again.

D
Jul 9, 2008
pro bog

i had the same thing going on with three pros and two assults temps were above 40. would love to know how to fix as they would barely move or move a little and bog completely out. Sat for about an hour and then were a little better

rmjj

Premium Member
Jan 10, 2008
Brookings,SD
Had the same problem last week in the snowies. Was warm 40 ish. 13 pro 14 pro and a 13 600 pro all same problem bog with noise from fuel tank. The 600 did this last year also on a warm day. This was the first time the 13 800 did it. Was cooler the rest of week all ran great. Any help as will be back ther in 1 1/2 weeks.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
Is this a common problem? The pump on my 14 pro was whining after short shutdowns. Sled only has 200 miles on it, temps were 25-30 degrees.

When cold this morning i heard nothing. Also I wasn't experiencing a bog, just a whining pump after start up.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
Is this the pressure side? All the pump assemblies on the 13-15's I have seen do not have clamps on this line.

image.jpg

Premium Features